[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

should I stay or should I go

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: wtf.jpg (46KB, 575x779px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
46KB, 575x779px
im 21
I live in west yorkshire UK
I earn 6.95 an hour working nights
I have 2 choices

1-go to university next year to study music, i want to ideally be a session musician, teach my instrument, and maybe have a few band related projects with the aim to essentially earn a living
however because im not an idiot who thinks my music career will jsut take off I know in 3 years id be coming back to living with my parents and I want to move out permanently I dont want to have to be living with my parents in the next 4 years

alternatively

2-fuck all that, stick with my job now, which I enjoy and has great moving up potential due to people leaving and positions needing to be filled. but not great wage potential
move out and get my own flat, but id have to rent because I cant get a mortgage. Id be poor but id be my own person, no parents, my own money and in a few years I'd be a manager which could lead on to higher paying work in the future.

should I stay or should I go to uni?

pic unrelated
>>
>>17805436
Your picture is horrifying.
>>
oh babe you've got to let me know
>>
>>17805436
>great moving up potential
>not great wage potential

that sounds shit. moving up without your wage also increasing significantly is just accepting more responsibilities and not being paid more for it. that's terrible.

but either way i think option 2 is better. it's basically what i'm doing. just said fuck it and moved to australia. i'm independent now, and the only thing that would cause me to have to ask my family/parents for help/money again would be if i lost this job and couldn't find another within a couple months.

which is possible but eh. i'd rather be homeless than ask them for help again.
>>
>>17805436
>I live in west yorkshire UK
Sorry about that.

>however because im not an idiot who thinks my music career will jsut take off I know in 3 years id be coming back to living with my parents and I want to move out permanently I dont want to have to be living with my parents in the next 4 years

I'll be honest here and say that I know fuck all about the career prospects of that particular degree. I'd suggest you talk to someone who's taken that step already, and how difficult it is to make a living, what they had to do for it etc.

Learn from other peoples experiences.
>>
>>17805436
>should I stay or should I go to uni?

If all you want to do is be a session musician, then dont go to uni. Yes you will learn more quickly and thoroughly with a degree but you you'll still be at ground zero once you're out. If you continue working your job and invest extra time in developing a variety of stylistic skills in a couple instruments. Find people to play with, start recording.

That is if you are already a competent musician and can read music then you dont need uni to be a session musician or teach your instrument.
>>
>>17805436
Jooosbury.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.