[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trying to get over something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (69KB, 482x427px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69KB, 482x427px
Ok /adv/ I need some help getting over something very petty that happened acouple of days ago and I don't understand why I'm obsessing over this, this might be a lengthy green text but here goes
>be me
>worked a midnight shift with eight other people for nine hours to get some extra pay
>people I'm working with are really nice, made some small talk with them
>manager working with us told us that half of us would go on break now and the other half an hour later
>so I go into the break room first and sit down by myself in a corner booth
>just after I ate a midnight snack everyone working the shift all come in
>manager decided that we would all have our break together instead of breaking it up so everyone working all came in to
>said manager suprised us with food she bought for us just because we were working a long ass shift
>everyone grabs something but I akwardly still sit at the corner table on my phone, I thought it would have been weird for me to suddenly come up and grab food without saying anything
>they all sit down at one table all talking to eachother having fun and laughing while I'm sitting in the corner trying to decide whether or not I should sit over there with them
>ultimatly decide not to go until they invited me over to sit
>break was a hour long because our shift was for nine hours, but 40 minutes into the break one of the coworkers come over and ask me why am I so quiet while I'm browsing on my phone
>reply with "just tired" and she walks back to the table and continue on talking
>suddenly after the break ends I instantly regret not going over and hanging out with them
I don't get it /adv/, I know it was just a one hour break, but I don't get it, I felt like everyone were getting to know eachother and laughed and had fun with eachother and I was just akwardly sitting in their shadow and I felt like I had a great opertunity to get to know my coworkers and my manger and befriend them but I ruined it and it's been getting to me ever since
>>
>everyone grabs something but I akwardly still sit at the corner table on my phone, I thought it would have been weird for me to suddenly come up and grab food without saying anything
no it wouldn't have been, you should've went and got food and then sit there or go back to your corner, whichever you preferred
>>
>>17804490
If you realize that you had an opportunity and that you wasted it ... the whole thing was great. At least if you use your new gained knowledge to act less spergy next time, and the next time will come.

I had similar fuck ups, even with the same fucking excuse and in the end everything turned out all fine.

> one of the coworkers come over and ask me why am I so quiet
Good sign, she/the rest of the groups cares at least a bit about you. Keep that in mind next time you hide behind your phone screen.
>>
>>17804505
>>17804514
Op here, thanks for your input, really appreciate it
>>
we have all been there one way or another OP. i usually remind myself of two things:

one, while there is absolutely no doubt they noticed your sperging its never as intensely weird for them as it is for you and they forget the details quickly. i know its hard to believe because your memories of this situation are so vivid, but thats only because you care about yourself. your coworkers do not.

second, there is and always will be a discrepancy between the person you try to be and the person you act as. this is normal. every human struggles with it and ultimately relates to it. always keep working on yourself. situations like these are only stepping stones, opportunities to become closer to your real character.

you have relived this memory enough. distract yourself and next time you are at work you will realize nothing has changed.
>>
>>17804490
Don't sweat it and utilize the oppertunity next time.
>>
It seems to me tha OP thinks too much. Maybe it's time to feel more and thin less
>>
>>17804490
Something it took me years as a shy person to learn: From the outside, shyness can look like unfriendliness. You felt awkward joining them, and so stayed in your corner. But what they saw was someone choosing not to join the party. They decided that YOU didn't like THEM, and they respected your privacy by not intruding. If you think about it, the girl who came over to you was taking the big risk (in her eyes) of being shot down.

If you get a chance, talk to her and to your best friends in the group "I'm sorry I was such an ass the other night. I was too wrapped up in some private thoughts to be good company. I'll be friendlier next time."
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.