[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Suspicious buyer wat do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: hmmmmmmmmmmmm.png (34KB, 1493x212px) Image search: [Google]
hmmmmmmmmmmmm.png
34KB, 1493x212px
I've listed my guitar for sale, this guy contacts me asking if its still for sale, I say yes, and he replies with this. Like he straight up wants to buy it for $1250 without even looking at it.

Am I right in finding this suspicious? What could go wrong here?

I'm thinking maybe he can try and put a claim against me with paypal to get his money back but I don't know.
>>
Super suspicious. What are you selling it through?
>>
>>17804083
Gumtree. Basically an Australian version of Craigslist
>>
>>17804096
Is it normal for people to contact you like that? Also I'd advise against Paypal for a transaction like this: not only are you going to have to pay a little bit for using the service as a seller, the buyer can also turn around later and say that there was something wrong and get a refund
>>
>>17804078
I don't know how desperate you are to sell your guitar, but you are being blinded by your desperation

This is an obvious textbook Craigslist scam
> shitty English with western name
> any mention of bank transfer / PayPal
> bullshit story (excuses to not see you face to face)
> asking to take the listing off now to make you think its a done deal

If you want to have some fun or just want to confirm that its a scam, you can string this guy along. I'll bet you he doesn't even live in Australia. Ask him for a phone number (pay attention to area codes). Any mention of western union is a super red flag too.

And let me guess, your listing is a little old?
>>
>>17804100

>Is it normal for people to contact you like that?
No, that's why i think its suspicious. It's just kinda weird

>Also I'd advise against Paypal for a transaction like this: not only are you going to have to pay a little bit for using the service as a seller, the buyer can also turn around later and say that there was something wrong and get a refund

Ah okay, I definitely dont want to pay paypal anything.
Yeah and the fact that they can only get a refund if they have a invoice (which is what he specifically asked for) makes me feel weird about it.

Anyway i can approach this in a safe way?
>>
>>17804129
>I don't know how desperate you are to sell your guitar, but you are being blinded by your desperation

I'm not desperate, and im willing to cut this guy off should it be a scam which is why I'm here.

>If you want to have some fun or just want to confirm that its a scam, you can string this guy along. I'll bet you he doesn't even live in Australia. Ask him for a phone number (pay attention to area codes).

Haha, I'll do this. Ive strung along a few scammers before and its pretty fun watching them get frustrated as hell

>And let me guess, your listing is a little old?

1 day old
>>
>>17804130
>Anyway i can approach this in a safe way?
Just don't. Tell him that you'd like to run the transaction through the website and that you're not comfortable doing it via email. If he complies, then fine, just use your judgment when making the sale. If he refuses or tries to persuade you to do it through paypal/bank transfer ignore him.
>>
>>17804136
Nothing wrong with suspecting scams on a site like Craigslist

Just think, if you were buying something and someone asked for some form of confirmation that you are not scamming them, wouldnt you go out of your way to prove that you are legit?

Truth is, I got scammed exactly like this when I was a student in hong Kong selling my phone online. I was mad for weeks and trying to find this scammer cause I was a stupid teenager.

Anyway, have fun messing with this guy and good luck
>>
>>17804150
How did you get scammed? Was their reply to your ad similar?
>>
>>17804078
Just say cash only. He's sending his "transport agent" make him bring the cash. Zero reason to bother with paypal or god forbid hand out your bank information.
>>
Google chargebacks.
Paypal can charge back you on items for over half a year or something like that.
Never ever fucking use Paypal.
Cash only or fuck off.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.