[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Long Distance G

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Speep1.jpg (13KB, 200x171px) Image search: [Google]
Speep1.jpg
13KB, 200x171px
Is it even worth it to have a long distance relationship?

Starting talking to this girl I met at band camp a couple years ago recently and we've been talking all night and we just started using the video chat thing on snap chat. I'm really into her now and I'm pretty sure she's really into me. She lives 2 hours away from me and I don't know how long distance relationships work.

If it is worth it, what are some tips on maintaining this type of thing?
>>
>>17803849
Two hours != LDR ...
>>
I've been in a few myself and it never worked. I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's HIGHLY unlikely. However you will probably not take my word for it and test it for yourself, which is the logical thing.
>>
Long distance relationships really need some kind of plan to get together in the future to be feasible. They're a temporary substitute for a normal relationship, and much more successful if you do them if necessary throughout the course of an LTR.

Quite frankly, what are you gaining out of this? 2 hours isn't that far, maybe go meet up with her before you commit to any kind of relationship. An LDR is more of a meaningless title in your situation until you two meet again in person.
>>
>>17803849
I've been in a relationship for 10 years and for some periods it was a LDR - to give you some comparison, it was a 5 hours drive for the first 3 years, and a 2 hours flight for a year.
It wasn't amazing to be so distant, but it's not as bad as many people on this board say it is.
If you care about each other, have fun together and have a solid plan to be together in person, it works. If you are together just for lack of better options, it doesn't.

In my experience things that worked were:
>Meet as often as possible
We never spent more than a month without meeting in person. We spent all our time off together. We travelled a lot together (when we drived to meet we went to all the cute towns between us, when he went abroad and I had to fly to see him we flied to the same European capital to spend time together).
>Have a plan
Know when you'll meet next. Have a rough plan of how your future together will be.
>Have a routine
Me and him had breakfast on skype and then we called in the evening. Every night we had two evenings we spent together on skype, watching movies, playing videogames, etc. Text a lot. Set dates.
>Communicate
>Keep things sexy
>Have a life
I never felt lonely because I had a full life - I had friends, family, hobbies, did sport, did good in school. I kept myself busy.
>>
>>17803856
Dude, that's long distance.
>>
Are you fucking lazy fat piece of shit? 2 hours? By what a fucking plane? Or is it a bus/walking distance... Mate me and my ex were in a fuckind LDR that had 2000 km, which was like 6h adding up all the airport shit and all that. If 2h by bus or aomethong is LDR for you. You are nothing else but just lazy big ass dick motherficker.
>>
>>17803849
>I don't know how long distance relationships work
they don't
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.