[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Depression

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: lying in bed.jpg (27KB, 477x425px) Image search: [Google]
lying in bed.jpg
27KB, 477x425px
What is the minimum number of times in a week or a moth you should be depressed consistently before I should get some help?
>>
In my experience, which is more extensive than I would like to admit, if you have to ask yourself this question, go get some help. Please do, and don't procrastinate, because procrastination won't help, and you might well need it. Seriously, got talk to someone. Please.
>>
That joke isn't funny anymore
>>
>>17802674
about two weeks, consecutively.
>>
depression is an extended period of sadness. as in, if you're experiencing it multiple times a week, its not depression, its just sadness. depression means you dont have joy or other emotions breaking it up.

so ONCE... if it lasts the full month.
>>
>>17803625
this is a very basic understanding of depression.

depression is not just an extended period of sadness. it can manifest itself in a few different ways, but sadness is a very small part of it.

>depression means you dont have joy or other emotions breaking it up
that is so very wrong.

it can be an emptiness. it can be not having the motivation to feed yourself. you might miss food for a day or two, until the physical discomfort gets you to do it. for some people it can be an overhanging sense of dread and impending doom that you just can't shake.

depression is definitely not just being sad. it's not just feeling down every once in a while.

it's not about how many times in a week or a month you feel depressed, but a good indication can be that you are feeling this way over an extended period of time. months, at least. most of the time it is years. people that are depressed absolutely have days that are better than others. they can have happy moments.

OP just speak to a doctor. tell them you're not sure, but you're worried. usually, though, there are other symptoms and sides besides feeling a little sad or down. my ex used to take hours to shower. she would just stand there, not moving, lost in time. i sought help when i realised i had started making detailed plans on how i was going to kill myself. i never considered myself depressed before that, i didn't feel like i should be depressed, because i hadn't been through anything particularly traumatic in recent memory. but it's clear to me now i've been depressed for years.
>>
>>17802674
Don't tell anyone. They will put you on the unfit to own guns list.
>>
try some 5HTP pills from wal mart, helps with mood.

also once I was depressed for about 3 months. It was very very bad but it did not last forever.

You are a special person with a purpose and a creator that loves you.
>>
>>17803625
I have been depressed for 2 years and never for a day felt sad.
Not even when my best friend killed him self. Not even when my SO dumped me.

Depression isn't necessarily sadness. I felt empty. I felt worthless. I felt no drive to take care of myself because I was nothing. I had no motivation to be a functioning adult.
This was depression to me. Don't oversimplify it.
>>
>>17802674
Why do moths depress you?
>>
Depression isn't about sadness. It can be, but not always.

For me it's more like a feeling of being empty. That feeling when you do things just because you're supposed to do them, when you have hobbies just because it seems to be something everyone has. When you want to get married just because your friends already have wives.

Go and get help. It starts this way, 3-5 times a week. Then it gets much, much worse.
>>
File: stalin quote.jpg (24KB, 600x245px) Image search: [Google]
stalin quote.jpg
24KB, 600x245px
>>17802674
>I think about life and I think about death and neither one particularly appeals to me
>>
>>17803688
What about teenage angst in comparison?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.