[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

decient job, but medicaled out.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1.jpg (831KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
831KB, 3264x2448px
So I got a decent job paying $11US/Hour with benefits, but it requires me to be on feet for 10h/4days+. Thumb size blisters on both feet happened after two days from moving in ways I'm not used to. It has since been 3 whole days since (saw physician Wednesday night, now Sunday morning), and pic related is my size 13 feet with thumb for reference of size of blisters on Wednesday.

I've been keeping the blisters protected with moleskin and a bandage over top, and wearing as open healed shoes as I have (sandals with socks for extra protection and padding)

Was given bootie steroid shot at physician and a bi-daily steroid pill script that I've been talking.

What do?

Scheduled to return on Monday to physician. Have called out of work since physician visit.

My physician excuse is currently through the return visit.

Also, techniques for overcoming medical related insomnia (side effect of steroid pills) so that I can return to normal work sleep cycle.

For reference im male, overweight, 25, and job is seasonal with Amazon.
>>
New shoes?
>>
>>17800793
post more pictures
>>
>>17800803
Yea, new shoes will come. First have to heal these, then break in new at not work. Current pair of shoes are probably 2.5 years old or so, and it is time to replace them anyways.
>>17800806
Get your foot fettish shit elsewhere.
>>
>>17800793
For new shoes, if you have swelling/pressure problems, then Crocs. If your issue is with standing/only blisters, then spend some more but get the most comfy shoes ever, those Adidas with a special foam (I believe they're called energyboost or something).
I work retail and stand for 8+ hours, those Adidas were the best purchase I've ever made. Worth every single penny.
>>
>>17800793
I have a trick that worked wonders for Rugby
Create a heel cup out of duct tape.
soon enough your skin will toughen
>>
>>17800793
Had the same problem Op. After a couple of months in my skin hardened, calloused, and dried out. I did not call out or go to the doctor, even though I probably should have.

Basically your body/feet will adjust with time, and getting new shoes is a good idea. Also, get the weight off before you fuck up your back.
>>
op, can you even out your shoes on with those things?

here's what a i suggest, not a medfag at all.

get a needle/pin, sterilize the fuck out of it. ie: put in a flame or boil the fuck out of it. poke the side of the blister and slowly drain it through the hole. now it is at least drained and you can put a shoe on. wrap in a clean bandage and clean the area with peroxide or rubbing alcohol. the remaining skin will either callus or eventually fall off like a blister would. the blister however might reform and need to be drained again or a few times.
>>
1.pop those fuckers clean with a steilizsd needle. Won't hurt at all, u til you're practically popping a pimple trying to get every last bit out.

2.Bandage it or cream it up

3.Feet will get used to it over time. Happened when I was a waiter working 10 hours a day no breaks.

Hang in there. Try new shoes or pain relievers. But this is the worst it will be.
>>
$11/hour isn't even enough to live on. try to get another job imo
>>
>>17800793
You need better shoes dude. Get some good boots. Your feet should not be moving around that much within your shoes.
>>
>>17800793
Army fag here. I only get bad blisters like that when rucking with 50+lbs doing 16 miles.

You anon, clearly wear bad shoes and bad socks.

Pop the fucking blisters asap. Takes 1.5 days to heal with no pain vs an entire week of pain while it swells down.

Also buy tuff foot spray. It will toughen up your feet.
>>
File: 1.jpg (256KB, 2814x861px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
256KB, 2814x861px
>>17800830
Crocks are a no. Have to be closed shoes. I usually get one of the 2 pairs of shoes in the store that fit. Probably will end up going to addidas factory store for better selection.
>>17801558
Living wage here is $9.87/h
>>17801050
I can, but it takes 3 times longer than it should.
And >>17801061 )>>17801061
>>17801604
note discharge slip from physician. Specifically first thing after blisters (pic related)
>>
File: scarpa.jpg (231KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
scarpa.jpg
231KB, 1000x1000px
>>17801604

I watched a documentary about amazon warehouse in the UK. Can't imagine what it would be like around Christmas. I think I'd rather be rucking 50lbs for 16 miles from what I seen on it.

Good on OP for getting a job. Check out scarpa shoes if you can get em. If you're overweight look at something mid/hi that can offer you some support.
>>
Sounds like your shoes are bad or you are just inexperienced in standing and working on your feet.
Wear the work shoes and walk in them on your spare time to get your feet accustomed to bearing your weight.
>>
>>17800819
>First have to heal these, then break in new at not work.

Trick to break in shoes- put a plastic bag in the shoe (making sure it covers the whole thing to the toes and has some extra space to stretch inside), fill it with water, and put it in the freezer. Gives it all a good stretch, gets the original stiffness out.

t. cook who gets new industrial-grade shoes regularly
>>
>>17801665
They always say not to pop the blister intentionally because you probably don't know how to do it properly and it increases the risk of infection. It's the same reason car commercials say, "don't go racing along clifftop roads at 80mph." All about liability, and if possible it's best to leave blisters to heal on their own.

In your situation, however (working on your feet for several hours a day, days in a row, huge blisters in an awkward spot that will be constantly irritated and rubbed raw) they're likely to break anyways.

If that note means that you've got an appointment with the doc on the 28th, leave it be. If it means you are the one checking it, best to carefully lance them yourself rather than have them rip and get infected.

Make sure you have a sterile needle (don't use fire, use antiseptic solution), pierce it several times deeply and around the base, apply light but firm pressure to drain as much fluid as possible, and change the dressing regularly the first couple days (use warm water if the dressing is stuck to soften it and make it easy to remove). Keep it well wrapped and padded to prevent the cover from rubbing off, take your meds, and get new shoes asap. >>17801604 is right in that the time it takes to swell down will be very painful, and likely to have the blister break anyways.
>>
Went back day early. They lanced the blisters.

Will probably make the trip to new balance factory store soon for new shoes. Anything I should look for other than fit? Other than NB, options are shoe carnival (lucky if one or two I correct size), or Elliot's boots (haven't been, no clue for fit).
>>
>>17800793
Lose weight for starters. Putting more stress on your feet. In the short term just follow the doctor's orders. I know it seems like hell right now, but we humans are great at adapting to our current situation. Give it a few weeks and you will be used to being on your feet that much.
>>
>>17802696
As part of job I'm on my feet for 40 hours a week, and as such some weight will be lost. That is inevitable. I know I really need to loose like 150 lbs, but that will take time.

I'm 6'3"-6'4" (for those metric people, just around the 2 meter mark) depending on the day and the measuring stick, and big boned anyways (built like a linebacker), so my goal is to get down to like 270lb from the almost 400lb I'm currently at, but I'll be happy loosing just 50, as that will be a start (one of those things, once the ball gets rolling)
>[spoiler]Nothing is here. 4chan likes re-editing my formatting, so this is here to pad[/spoiler]

In the meantime, since they got lanced today, shoe recommendations for my size 13-15(depending on brand) normal-wide(again according to brand). Currently wearing some NB cross trainers (270s I think) from about two and a half years ago.
Available to me are the entire new balance line (can even get custom sized) due to factory store being an hour away, or the one or two shoes that fit at /generic national shoe store/
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.