[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dealing with a lie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 7pkmp5h5fnwx.jpg (90KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
7pkmp5h5fnwx.jpg
90KB, 1200x800px
I couldn't catch a ride with the bus due to working overtime tonight, so I asked my cousin if he could give me a lift home. He said no because he needed to go to work tomorrow, so I trusted him and took an expensive cab ride home instead. Turns out he lied; the moment I walked in the door I saw my cousin there, him and his friend were laughing and he made a comment about me having 'great timing'. No apology, nothing, he just laughed at me. He's currently playing video games downstairs, doubt he'll be going to bed anytime soon.

I feel pretty hurt by this, not sure what to do about it. Should I let it slide? Confront him? I kind of don't feel like associating with him anymore, to be honest. He pulls stuff like this every once in a while, I'm tired of being made to feel like shit because of it. I mean I'd never want to force him to do anything for me, but the fact that he'd lie like this gets to me.
>>
>>17800694
dont do shit for him until he gets the message. dont ask him for shit either. dont create elaborate convo's either
>>
>>17800694
Cut him out of life. Don't waste time and effort on people who don't care about you
>>
>>17800713
>>17800708

Both of these are retarded. OP your cousin doesn't owe you anything. Like anyone you have to know who is reliable (eg parents, certain friends etc) and who will be unreliable (ie your cousin). Just keep this in mind when you ask favours from him, likewise when he asks favours from you. I have brothers at both ends of the spectrum (very reliable vs reliably unreliable) and I don't hate one over the other for it, it's just who they are.
>>
>>17800694
I have people like this in my life, good friends actually. Everything's usually just fine between us as long as I remember not to trust or count on them.

Some people are like that. They're fun to be around, but nothing more. You either can deal with that or not. I doubt that confronting your cousin would change him, it would just make you look like ''whiny bitch'' to him.
>>
>>17800694
Your cousin feels no obligation towards helping you you should feel no obligation towards helping him
>>
Murder is always an option
>>
File: amazon-sign-boxes.jpg (224KB, 952x564px) Image search: [Google]
amazon-sign-boxes.jpg
224KB, 952x564px
>>
Simple solution this cousin gets no more than one word answers for the rest of his life and anytime he asks for help say no
>>
You can find kindness everywhere but not everyone is kind

>be me
>came home to dorm from gym
>exhausted as fuck
>this one mutual friend is sad
>tells me he dropped his dorm key
>it went down a storm drain in the fields
>he says no one wants to help him look
>its 50 bucks to replace lock
>not even his best friend playing vidya right there helps
>I say fuck it lets go
>we go out in the field at night
>sore as fuck but lift the drain
>he tells me bad news
>its a storm drain a few feet away
>lift out the other one
>see key is deep in there
>go to dorm and come back with two hangers
>make some like rope thing and get key
>guy is happy as fuck after an hour there
>like a year later sees me at a bar
>guy says he'll never forget what I did
>guy is super Christian btw
>says he uses that story when he is at church groups sometimes to show strangers will help over loved ones

Basically its what the poster a few posts above said. Don't cut the out of your life. Just forget it. These people are fun to be around for vidya ir sports or whatever. As soon as you need the smallest of favors, they don't do it. Just never trust them again.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.