[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do girls do this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: RlIjY5k.jpg (596KB, 681x1024px) Image search: [Google]
RlIjY5k.jpg
596KB, 681x1024px
I've lurked here for about 3 years or so and rarely if ever post, but I had an encounter today that made me think of /adv/ and I wanted to share it

I was at my Local grocery store and had been checking out. I noticed that my store was offering delivery for grocieries and asked the clerk about it, as I did cute grocery girl came over to our checkout lane to help bag my 3 items. She seemed very willing to engage in our coversation, even proceeded to take an info flyer for the delivery immediately after I grabbed one. She then told me about how she loved VR and was getting a vive and that she had a 1060 to run it? I found this interesting as I work with computers daily, I guess she assumed that I was familiar and Into games and all that, which I am. She talked about setting it up and bringing it over to her boyfriends house to try it on his pc. She was pleasant overall, but I must admit as soon as she mentioned the word boyfriend I lost all interest, it was like some switch in my head flipped and I no longer had interest in her at all.

Looking back on this in retrospect seems like a REALLY shitty thing to do. I mean, here's this cute girl, actually talking to me with no initiative on my part, about hobbies that align with my own, why wouldn't I want to befriend her? And I think it's because a part of me was upset at her because of her behaviour towards me, was unnecessarily nicer your average check out person, which lead to me having thoughts of should I ask this girl for her number?
However, the moment she mentioned her relationship I was upset because now that opportunity to get to know her, date, meet someone, all that stuff was now an impossibility, that WAS a possibility before she mentioned a bf.

Now I can't fault cute grocery girl for having a bf, but I must wonder why was she so extra friendly to me and chatty? Only to follow up with talking about her bf 2 sentences later. Part of me thinks she's just being nice, but was she messing with me?
>>
I actually laughed when I read this
>why was this girl, whose job it is to be nice to people, being nice to me??
It's not her fault you live in a fantasy world.
>>
>>17800474
Most people are not consistent in their ideas and behavior. I am in a serious relationship, I would not ever cheat, yet I talk to all sorts of attractive women because it gives me a rush and a romantic tantalization. Even if one of these girls says she has a boyfriend, I don't stop talking to them because of it; additionally, women tend to do this because few have anything else to say. This isn't about misogyny, most women don't really have hobbies outside of ones involving social interaction of some sort, and their boyfriends happen to be one of the most important and time-consuming aspects of that.

Don't look too deeply into things like this, would be my advice, humans and women in particular can be fairly inconsistent.
>>
>>17800474
It's not a shitty thing to do. Be honest, do you really need a new friend right now? You had a nice interaction with a stranger, it's fine to just leave it at that. You don't have to stay in touch and form lifelong platonic connections with every nice person at the grocery store, lol. There's tons of nice people out there, but a real friendship takes real work
>>
I have a lot of friends who are girls, who I am not interested in sleeping with, my best friend is one of them. No, i'm not gay, I have just as many friends who are guys.
From my perspective, you sound a little desperate.
Meet cute girl as her to marry me. lol
Try being friends with a few girls, and getting to know them without betraying their trust trying to get in their pants.

If you believe in love at first sight, you don't know what love even means.
>>
File: Dew-wallpaper-9723942.jpg (440KB, 2160x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Dew-wallpaper-9723942.jpg
440KB, 2160x1920px
>>17800508
Yes I can see your point, what I was trying to say is no one at this store was ever this customer friendly I guess, but I see your point.

>>17800510
Seems so, thank you.

>>17800519
You are right, I have about 4 close male
friends and that's it, otherwise I'm pretty introverted if I'm not at work I'm at home or somewhere by myself generally. So this may be related to just lack of expierience with girls my age really, haven't talked to any since high school.
>>17800520
See, I have never had any girl friends, so I don't have the perspective you do, and I also believe because of that lack of interaction, it makes me wary and unsure of what to do or what is right/wrong. Also I want to be clear that I was not having thoughts grandeur of marrying or anything like that, I've been on /adv/ long enough to know I'm too selfish to be in a relationship at this point in my life. I was just shot down right away after thinking "wow I should ask cute grocery girl for her number", with the intention to get to know her more, but after she mentioned she was in a relationship I just shut down.

Thing is, I wouldn't mind having a girl friend simply for a change of pace, and to see a different view on things that you wouldn't get from a male. Which is why I was reflecting on how dumb it was that was upset she said that.
>>
>>17800474
Wait, do you seriously blame her for being nice to you (her job) and sharing your interests (a bonus) because she had a boyfriend?
>>
>>17800589
Welcome to 4chan, where nothing is ever our fault and the world is out to get us. Enjoy your stay.
>>
Sometimes I have a nice small talk with someone without the intention to bang them. You being so sex starved that you interpret any girl being nice to you as an intimate situation is your emotional baggage to deal with. Do you also get turned on when a barista puts a smiley face on your coffee cup?
>>
>>17800600
Sure but anon didn't even sound like the typical sperg outside of this one detail. Usually the entitled fucks radiate their idiocy with every single word. OP doesn't seem as hopeless as them.
>>
>>17800589
I thought he was saying HE did a shitty thing by writing off a potential friendship just because sex/dating wasn't an option
>>
>>17800589
No I don't blame her. It was a welcome change of pace, I guess I just wasn't expecting it. Honestly the moment she said bf it reminded me of this vid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dgwxLbZXhk&app=desktop

Thinking back on it there was no reason to be obtuse, but I was never rude in anyway
>>17800666
This is exactly what I meant, thank you.
>>17800631
Your right, this is crushing. And no fuck starbucks.
>>
>>17800474
If this exact same situation happened but with a guy and he mentioned his girlfriend at the exact same point that this chick mentioned her boyfriend, how would you feel? Do you think you would even notice? Don't you think that'd just be a nice interaction with a friendly dude?

It sounds like this girl was just being friendly. I bet she would've had the same convo if you were a chick instead and wasn't even thinking of you in terms of you being a guy.
>>
>>17800474
You don't understand women bro. Women have no problem talking to others about hobbies etc and being friendly. Guys think that friendliness = interest in them. Guys were brainwashed by society to think that girls chat them up by talking about the guys' interests. At any rate, if you like her you should've pursued her friendship. Did it ever occur to you that she might have other female friends with similar interests who are single?
>>
>>17800666
The title sure isn't helpful then ... and attempting sarcasm on the Internet, specially the part of the Internet where people tend to post dumb shit unironically is a risky idea.
>>
>>17800675
yea, seems so, thanks for the advice.

>>17800682
It did occur to me, 15 minutes later at home. and the thought of her having friends never passed my mind. I am not a very social person..

>>17800688
In honest I know it was a click baity title, and I did it to attract a female audience, seems to have worked. Sorry for the confusion.
>>
>>17800689
Well, honestly, don't over think this. I think that maybe you need to try to be more social and meet new people other than your core group of friends. Take the good from this situation.
>>
>>17800474
> as she mentioned the word boyfriend I lost all interest
I see straight guys do this a lot, and it's sort of funny to me. When I'm talking to a guy I find attractive, 90% of the time he doesn't even swing my way. I'd never be able to make any male friends if I immediately lost interest in people after figuring out sex wasn't on the table.

If you see her again, try talking to her again. Instead of going for that friendzoned feeling, just be happy about making a new friend!
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.