[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here have experience with Scizoaffective disorder?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1479687843548.jpg (76KB, 400x597px) Image search: [Google]
1479687843548.jpg
76KB, 400x597px
do any of your family members/friends/anyone you ever have imagined have it?

Good/ bad experiences with it?

Medicines that have helped with it for you? Were the meds older gen or newer generation?
>>
I have schizoaffective. I take zyprexa and resperidol and prozac for depression.
>>
>>17800016
that seems like a good time... how long have you been on them? what are your experiences and why are you the way you are if you wouldn't mind me asking?
>>
>>17800025

Ive been on meds about 10 years. I used a lot of pot and alcohol, started off bipolar but social anxiety morphed into psychosis and voices.
>>
File: 1479929309878.gif (58KB, 962x711px) Image search: [Google]
1479929309878.gif
58KB, 962x711px
>>17800027
That really sucks person... Want to talk about it a bit? I have experience with social anxiety, and I'm starting to really.... think I am hearing voices after all. Diagnosed w Schizoaffective btw

when i went into crisis center several months ago i was put on haldol and I had an allergic reaction to it.... Never been on prescription medication before or after that because i've always been afraid of bad side effects. I've been looking into pic related, tell me what you think? I am looking into taking something anti psychotic..
>>
>>17800034

that pic helps a lot. once i was in a mental hospital and tried geodon and it made me sleep all day. zyprexa really works for me but there is weight gain and increased appetite. also for me I get ED.

the voices are all a matter if you feel unstable. if they are threatening or making you want to hurt someone or yourself then antipsychotics are the way to go.

also stay away from alcohol. I do still smoke pot from time to time and Ive accepted that I'll hear voices sometimes but overall meds have helped.
>>
>>17800084
I'm glad. For me, sometimes I just think that I can hear someones thoughts, I know what they are thinking of me, and I'm thinking they want to hurt me. It comes with an unstable childhood I guess. some of this stuff is genetics

I don't think I'll be drinking alcohol, I certainly wouldn't use that to treat muhself, and pot, I've smoked way too much of that. It heightens my paranoia
>>
>>17800027
>started off bipolar but social anxiety morphed into psychosis and voices.
I got diagnosed bipolar II about two years ago, explains a lot of my behavior and the meds have been a wonder for my emotional health.
But I still have insanely bad anxiety as a result of all that past behavior.

How long did it take for that to get out of hand?
>>
>>17800123

I went form bipolar to psychotic after being taken off my meds. I lasted about 9 months off meds before I started getting totally psychotic.

I'm not sure if it was the alcohol but I don't want to find out.
>>
I have bipolar II with psychotic features. In high school I started getting messages from God to purge all the evil in the world, and later in college I stood in front of a train because I thought I saw the Trinity in the headlights. Meds saved my life.
>>
try and get rid of the delusions. all the other symptoms of the disorder is easy to live with. I take a cocktail of drugs and have been very close to hospitalization about 9000 times. also learn to deal with this, because it lasts a long time.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.