[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw university is now doing diversity assessments (took them

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: sadfrog_pour_one_on_me.jpg (11KB, 600x434px) Image search: [Google]
sadfrog_pour_one_on_me.jpg
11KB, 600x434px
>tfw university is now doing diversity assessments (took them long enough)
>tfw finally putting more effort into recruiting volunteers, employees, and students from all backgrounds
>tfw white and worked my ass off for nine years here
>tfw might lose some of my opportunities because of these programs
>tfw fear it might already have spread to other jobs

The thing is I didn't even vote Trump. And I'm actually for diversifying the education/employment environment because there is honestly way too many white guys here (enough to call this an albino convention), which in turn just scares way non-whites/non-males. But I don't want all my hard work going down the tube just like that.

And please, keep your /pol/ shit to a minimum. Even if that's like asking a six-year-old to stop singing "Let It Go."
>>
>>17799983
Diversity for its own sake is stupid. The best person for the job should always get the position without any regard to race. To hell with quotas.
>>
>>17800006
>The best person for the job should always get the position without any regard to race.
Unfortunately in a free market society, if one race starts to have the better positions (earned or not), others will start to prefer them or view others of the same race as better for the job than others (like India to tech support), which screws over others trying to apply.
>>
What part of the university are you working?

Hard sciences, engineering, computers? Don't worry too much.

Also out in the real working world, the diversity thing isn't a real concern.
>>
>>17800020
Bioengineering. They've been coming for the STEM fields mainly this year.

>Also out in the real working world, the diversity thing isn't a real concern.
I'm in America, so...
>>
>>17800013
[citation needed]
>>
>>17800013
That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Keep the criteria the same at all times. Focus only on merit and qualifiers.

In fact, do resumes even need real names put on them?

We should switch out for barcodes specifically for shit like this. You get what you get and there's no way to premeditate any nonsense.
>>
Diversity is the white man's ploy to keep Asians down.
>>
>I'm in America, so...

so you'll be fine, especially in a hard science field like bioengineering.
>>
>>17800050
>Keep the criteria the same at all times. Focus only on merit and qualifiers.
Only in a perfect world. If one resource becomes more abundant and valuable (i.e.: a specific demographic of qualified workers), the market is going to gradually prefer it over the other resources, diminishing their value and use in that market.
>>
>>17800061
Citation still missing. "Race quotas" are racist as shit and so are you, get over it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.