[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Asking Someone Out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: glass-case.gif (486KB, 500x273px) Image search: [Google]
glass-case.gif
486KB, 500x273px
I've never posted in /adv/ before but I feel like I need some help here. There's this girl I've known for a few weeks now and she's clearly shown some interest in me, but I'm too much of a fuck to figure out how to ask. Whenever we hang out we're in a group so trying to pull her aside to ask has been a challenge and a half. I'm also afraid of dealing with rejection even though I'm fairly attractive, since I've had some rough breakups in the past.
What I'm asking is should I just text and ask or come up with something to seperate us from the group and then ask in person?
Pic related.
>>
>>17799824
I'm in a similar boat, I think I'll do it tomorrow if I manage to scoop together what little courage I have.

How do you plan to do it? I'm really shit at these things, but I was thinking along the lines of telling her that: I have a massive crush on you, however don't really know how to deal with that but most importantly don't want to creep you out with this.

I know it's shit and a little bit apologetic, but I'm thinking that it would give her two very clear ways of reacting - either the obvious choice that I'm hoping for, or in the other case, she could 'retreat' and simply say not to worry, you don't creep me out, blahblah.

Thoughts? Better ideas?
>>
>>17799852
One thing I will say is you should never try to sound shy. Girls love confidence so be as confident as you can be. Ask what's she's doing tonight/tomorrow and if she says she's not doing anything take her to a decent restaurant. Doesn't have to be 5 star but don't bring up fast food. The more confidence you show the better your odds.

And be clear that you plan on considering it a date and not just two friends meeting together. Made that mistake before.
>>
>>17799897
Thanks for the input. I'll see her tomorrow evening for a gym session with friends, so I'll try to grab her after that and talk to her in private.

She also isn't just a new acquaintance, but someone I've met 2 years ago, and she's been quite touchy in the last weeks - which I've never seen her do to someone else, so that gives me a bit of confidence. Also I know for a fact that she's never been romantically involved with anyone before, so I'm not fully convinced that the straight and direct route for the romantic dinner is the best one; but I'll definitely consider it.
>>
>>17799912
No problem anon. You're issue made me think about mine a lot more and I'll definitly approach her tomorrow as well.

Best of luck
>>
>>17799919
Same to you, but I feel I don't need luck as much as I need titanium balls.
>>
>>17799936
Lmao same
>>
>>17799824
Well, this is similar so I'll share what I did.

There's a girl at work who has been showing clear interest in me, flirting and whatnot. Friday, before work started, I caught her alone so I asked her specifically if she was seeing anybody, to which she said no, and then I asked her of she wanted to get drinks that evening.
She had other plans but said in the future she would like to go out. Kind of a bummer but you wont ever get the chance to go out if you never ask. Like another anon said, you gotta make sure it's presented as a date, not as a "friend outing".

Hope you gents the best with your endeavors, and remember, confidence is key! Fake it if you have to.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.