[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shoplifting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Ok so first I don't need to hear how stupid I've been. I fucked up and I acknowledge that. I found myself in a hard place and needed money. I was unable to qualify for loans or credit cards and I have nobody to help me. So I stole video games from target and sold them. I didn't get caught physically so I thought I was good. I went back a few weeks later and they say they have video evidence of me and they have an "open case" against me. How fucked am I? What happens now?
>>
Greentext the story of you going in and them telling you they have a case against you so we get a better idea. Sounds like they're just trying to scare you but depends on how it went down.
>>
If it's your first time doing shit, just a fee/couple hours of work.
>>
>go into target a few weeks after
>buy what I want
>don't take anything
>go to leave
>stopped by legit cop and employee
>cop says they say I've been stealing
>nope not me
>says they have video evidence
>ok
>asks employee if I'm the right person
>yes, and that's him
>say I've stolen over $500 in vidya
> shit: really?
>say they have open case on me
>cop says wow you move fast
>make me sign thing banning me from target
>let me leave
>>
>>17797939
Yeah I've never done anything before
>>
Ahhh you're good. Hope you didn't pay with your card though because they probably have your info now. Nonetheless, they probably said that to scare you & if you go back you can get in serious trouble. By "open case" they're probably in the process of getting the theft insurance shit handled at the moment. If they really cared they would've taken you on sight.
>>
>>17797954
They fucking took my ID from me. In retrospect I shouldn't have done that but I don't know what they would have done if I hadn't.
>>
>>17797954
The cops took it, that is.
>>
>>17797954
Could be this, or it could be that the video they have can't clearly identify you, so they can't arrest you unless they get more evidence.

If you do get prosecuted though, it'd probably be a very light punishment as long as $500 classifies as a misdemeanor in your area (it's $1000 dollar or less in most places).

I know you said money is tight, but you will have to put up bail if you actually get arrested, so save what you can to avoid waiting a couple months in jail.
>>
Why would you go back to the same store?
>>
Sounds like for you, bail would be pretty low. Nonetheless gather all the money you can to get yourself out. I clicked on this post originally to trash talk you but I get you, money's tight, especially if you have to skip meals and not know when your next meal is. You'll pull through bro, hopefully they don't do anything with you but if they open any case against you, you'll do fine. Best of luck
>>
>>17797977
I was under the impression if they don't get you with the merchandise, they don't have anything against you. Now I know.
>>
>>17797991
Thanks for understanding. Believe me, I tried as much legal stuff as I could before I got where I got. I'm trying to pay for my school and I don't qualify for any kind of help and I have to pay for it myself now. I can't get any other job that fits my schedule andI even tried to drive for Uber but my car is too old.
>>
This is standard procedure by all big chains for shoplifting. They generally wont stop you, even if it is super obvious and everyone saw you, they wait until you go back in again like a dipshit, and pull you into their office. They can, and will use the video evidence against you. Work on buying some nice looking clothes for court if you can't pay the fines.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.