[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

writing a resume

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

what should i include/not include

i mean i've figured the regular shit like previous work, but what else can i add to make it stand out a bit more?
>>
What have you got so far?
>>
are you a fucking eagle scout? then you write that youre a fucking eagle scout. or you lie and maybe get away with it
>>
>>17797735
I never did anything with my life. I just went to school.
>>
>>17797735
i've got the regular shit like email, phone number, name.
exclusive stuff i got includes
previous work
profile (just describing myself)
community service ive done
year 12 subjects

what do you think?

>>17797740
fuck yeah

>>17797742
this is not me lol
>>
>>17797740
tfw eagle scout
>>
Learn how to work on cars. Women like that shit and being able to fix a 1997 shitbox and drove it for years until i bought a 2004 shittruck and drive it for years. It still runs like when it rolled off the lot and i havent had to buy a new car because "muh payments are cheaper than fixing it" garbage. Sure ive spent maybe 15k on tools but it doesnt come close to how much i would have spent on repairs over the years
>>
>>17797792
>writing a resume
Didnt notice that part.
Well a tech school education and ase certs never hurts even in an irrelevant field shows youre not tarded. I fixed co workers cars before.
Typing and your wpm and 10 key goes well.
>>
>>17797795
hahaha i was like what the fuck, cheers tho, typing wpm should be useful actually
>>
>>17797746
Be more specific man

So we can find your "skills"
>>
>contact details
>short blurb about you and what sort of job you're looking for
>key skills
>education (if little work experience)
>work experience (can go above education if you're already working)
>achievements
>referees

Obviously tailor it to the job you're applying for. No one cares how fast you can type if you're applying to be a cashier.
>>
Works well in teams and conducts oneself professionally at all times is a must.

Other than that use big words to fluff up your accomplishments to make yourself seem more educated

Finish it with "I would be happy to provide my services to a company of your professional standing"

Make your time seem valuable
>>
>>17797895
>Works well in teams
That's fine to put, but only if you can back it up with examples.

>conducts oneself professionally at all times is a must.
This tells an employer nothing.
>>
File: 1398441685569.jpg (179KB, 650x680px) Image search: [Google]
1398441685569.jpg
179KB, 650x680px
>>17797732
What not to include:
>photos of yourself
>jobs that don't apply to what you're doing (ex: working at best buy when you're applying to be a race car driver or something) unless you have ZERO experience then put whatever you need to
>more than one page
multi-pagers think they're going above and beyond thinking they look impressive. They're not. Employers typically tell those resumes to fuck off

What to include:
>previous jobs that matter
>well formated, easy to read BLACK INK
>serious email (say goodbye to the email you've been using since your time on Gaia, time to get a regular ol' email).
>>
>>17797911
>tfw in my country submitting a photo is mandatory
Anyone else here /nevergoingtogethired/?
>>
>>17797918
Are you going to be a stripper or something? Why are you required to have a pic?

That's just so employers can profile you without knowing you
>>
>>17797920
Like I said it's mandatory here. It's legal to ask for one so everyone is doing it.
>>
My general outline is
>top with name, phone, email
>objective:why u wanna work there
>work experience:related to what youve done
>education(i list a few scholarships ive gotten)
>other experience (not related but still work like volunteered for marathon)
>skill (stretch out anything like can operate window, macs, handles money, words per minute, bilingual, licensed driver)
>refrences

This usually fills up the page
>>
>>17797732
You don't have to have been paid for it to be experience.

volunteer work (shows you could show up on time and do a job. Maybe sales or management or training)
school clubs (management, financial, organizing events)
hobbies that developed skills (web design, etc)
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.