[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

I fucked up, /adv/.

I got myself in legal trouble (drug possession) and now I'm looking at a huge fine.
I have no regular income.
I have applicable skills, but no significant job history.
Other than this recent thing, I have no other marks on my record.
>>
So what do you want us to do about it?
>>
He is looking for a way to pay off the fine.
Depending on how big it is you could try /r/beermoney.
How much is it?
I mean you could sell an organ as well, or get a loan or pawn something.
Or get a part time job at amazon or ups it is the holidays they need extra hands.
>>
>>17797715

No I think you just tell the judge that you're in economic trouble. They divide it into monthly payments based on your income. That's what I saw a judge do for someone at least.

I'm pretty sure the government does not expect people to pay a couple grand in cash. I am sure there are cases where people cannot afford it as well.
>>
>>17797715
>Other than this recent thing, I have no other marks on my record.

This will go over well in your favor. And generally judges will allow you to set-up a payment plan. They dont want to have to send you to jail or not get paid.

Keep in mind generally you do need to pay 10% of the fine upfront.

Otherwise get a job asap. Get a regular income no matter how you can. Work at a burger joint or something man. And dont take drugs outside your home like an asshat unless you can cough up for the consequences.
>>
>>17797715
So you have no money, and no job, but you are buying drugs? Seems like you have bigger problems than a fine mate
>>
Not OP, but i figured this is somewhat related. my friends and i drunk pranked call a girl he knows off tinder without blocking the number. she wants to take it to court for sexual assault? we may have said sexual things on the phone.

i never met this person in my life. we only pranked her once. i was thinking of just coming clean and admiting it was a mistake.

anyone been or has known someone in this situation? and sorry OP to hijack your thread, I hope your problem gets sorted out. i have no experience with this stuff
>>
Not a lawyer or anything, but got myself in trouble a while ago and learned a lot about the legal system.
Original op, have you been arraigned yet? If you haven't all of this is preemptive, you should talk to the public defenders office. 2.you should ask about diversion, a lot of the time if you have no record and this is a first offense the judge will consider it which is good because they'll keep it off your criminal record which will make it easier to get a job and you will probably have to attend some form of rehab, could be worse.

Second op, leaving harassing phone calls is. It sexual assault, more likely they would charge you with, harassment, sexual harassment, something obscenity related, terroristic threats, or stalking.

First things first, stop talking about this to anyone, don't incriminate yourself, second she doesn't press charges, people file complaints and it goes to the police, who then send it to a detective who builds the case then sends it to the district attorney's office.

On a side note, you. I be fine, police need evidence and phone calls are generally not recorded, what would happen is cell phone companies keep records of when where and how long on calls. Stop being a dumb ass, and don't incriminate yourself and hopefully it will blow over
>>
>>17798058
So dont admit to it? and what if it doesnt blow over? am i looking at jail? can i pay a fee instead of going to prison? ive never gotten myself in trouble like this. do all three of us get into trouble even though it was my phone? we all said things
>>
>>17798058
Thank you for replying btw,anon
>>
No, do not admit to anything, basically anything you say to a cop or a investigator can be used against you, admitting fault and trying to make amends in that situation will not help you. I mean this if anyone calls you or asks you about it your not obligated to say anything, if your taken into custody, you have the right to remain silent until you get legal council.
If it was me I would. Try to find a way to discreetly apologize (I.e some way where there is no record, not text call email etc without going in her space)

If it doesn't blow over you'll know in a few ways, either you'll get. A summons from the court or the da will issue a warrant and the next time someone runs a check they'll see you have a warrant and arrest you.

Most of this happens slowly, like the da can take up to the statute of limitations to file charges, so you might not even know for up to a year if it becomes anything.

You might, you might not, prosecution requires evidence, remember that. A few things work to your favor, there's not much evidence(from what you said) and cops get a lot of harassment complaints so a detective is more likely to go after strong cases that he knows will get a conviction.

Take it as a lesson and don't do stupid shit like that anymore, it just makes life miserable.
>>
>>17798078
Thank you anon. so if cops show to my door i tell them i choose to remain silent?
>>
http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/charged-with-crime-how-29677.html

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/how-prosecutors-decide-whether-file-criminal-charges.html

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2393887,00.asp

Download tor and Google this shit, everything's there.

Politely decline to comment, if they have enough to to arrest you, they're going to arrest you.

Read what to do when talking to cops, what is harassment, menacing, terroristic threats are as crimes, statute of limitations, make sure you and your dumb ass friends understand this stuff. Drink your fill then put it out of mind, you'll lose sleep over this shit.
>>
>>17798111
apparently for a harassing call to be considered criminal it needs to have been repeated calls? We called this person only once
>>
>>17798099
You should do this any time, no matter what the situation is. Never say a word without a lawyer.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.