[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I risk joining the military?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: readyandresilient_header5.jpg (106KB, 896x314px) Image search: [Google]
readyandresilient_header5.jpg
106KB, 896x314px
So basically I graduated uni and have no job like everyone else. I have been diagnosed with psychosis very unofficially by doctors. I am worried the military will find this out. I know that I can basically double my neetbux if I serve like one of my friends did. I am not on neetbux currently.

Should I try to risk it? Will they go digging through my medical records somehow?

It's probably either military or neetbux for now. The problem is if I risk it and they find out I might lose my chances of ever getting neetbux + not be able to get a job at all. Which is basically suicide or I guess soup kitchens forever.

What do?
>>
>>17797654
First, do you show any symptoms of psychosis? Unlike adhd or high function autism, psychosis is all bad news.
>>
I had problems for awhile. I mean I wasn't ever really harmful to others or anything like that. I took meds for a couple months. It seems to have dissipated.

I am fully healthy now. I definitely think I could join the military and I wouldn't be a problem. No matter what happens I would never harm others or myself or anything like that.
>>
>>17797654
Navy fag here. They only care about what you tell them during recruiting, MEPs, and training. They don't dig unless you say something. They will pressure you to say things. The answer is always no.
>>
>>17797713

Ok so as long as I just say no then they won't dig.

I heard that they might dig if I need to get a TS clearance. What do I say if I need a TS clearance?
>>
>>17797723
If you need a TS that's totally different. Depends on what you meant by "very unofficially diagnosed." If it's not really documented or if you were only given meds and not officially diagnosed and it was over 10 years ago you can probably get away with it.

I was "diagnosed" with asthma as a kid which is a huge nono for naval aviation. Didn't say shit now I'm in primary.
>>
>>17797736

Well I was never hospitalized for it. I think there is probably a record of it at one of the doctors I went to. I don't think he officially said what I have or not because he keeps saying "you might have this, you might have that, idk".

So I should basically avoid jobs that need a TS? Damn that sucks. Is it worth joining the navy if I avoid the TS clearance?
>>
>>17797748
There are plenty of jobs that need a TS that they could care less about your past mental state. One of my friends is in the information dominance community and she deals with more secretive shit I'll ever deal with in aviation and she put she had to have counseling for depression on her application. It only really matters if you want to be on the combat side of things like specwar, aviator, SWO, sub-nuke and crap like that.
>>
>>17797748
Honestly sounds like you're fine. Just don't apply to have a line officer job. From the sounds of it you don't really want that anyway.

The neetbux route is for sure supply or intel.
>>
>>17797757

So let's say I wanted a TS job. When the TS people (sorry i'm not into the jargon yet) ask me whether or not I've had psychosis or not, what do I do?????

I mean what in theory would they do if they found out? Would they give me dishonorable discharge and now i'm at soup kitchens for life like fucking bum (because I wanted to better myself, which is a dumb reason for them to do that a.k.a I could have been on neetbux but I wanted a job so I was punished)?
>>
>>17797769
Odds are if it's not on your application and it was beyond 10 years ago they don't give a shit as long as you're not a line officer (basically Navy equivalent of a front liner).

If they do dig up something and they ask you about it say what the doctor told you. It might have been but maybe not. They only care if you lie. Plus supply doesn't typically require a TS.

Seriously the military isn't that shitty to its own people. They try to honor those who want to serve. Worst comes to worst they give you a medical discharge which is basically whatever.
>>
>>17797789

It was not 10 years ago. It was last year. I was on meds for it for awhile.

Does Military Intelligence require a TS?

How do I figure out if something is line officer or TS required? I know at MEPS they say they're gonna hand me a bunch of jobs I can pick from. Will it say on there?

I am only scared of getting a fraudulent enlistment. I am also scared of bootcamp but if I knew that I probably wouldn't run into problems, then I would put fears aside. I just don't wanna do the bootcamp and all this work if they might kick me out. Obviously I am gonna keep saying "no" no matter what.
>>
>>17797806
If you're mentally fine now they will screen you and clear you which is all you need.

It varies for Intel. Either way you'll still fill out an SF86 form for any clearance.

Line officers in the Navy consist of Naval Aviators and Naval Flight Officers, Surface Warfare Officers, Submarine Warfare Officers and Special Warfare. These all typically get a TS at some point.

It sounds like you want to enlist. Don't do that. You have a degree so join as an officer. You get to choose what you want and it's a much better lifestyle.
>>
>>17797816

Oh OK. Thanks for that info anon so far.

When I fill out the SF86 if I have to, should I lie on it or tell the truth?

I heard officer programs are hard to get into though.

So you think it's not worth enlisting? For me it is because the benefits are honestly worth it these days. It's a race to the bottom out in the civilian world. I will definitely be in a higher position enlisting than I would in civilian world also which sounds crazy but it's true. It comes down to, do I want minimum wage without benefits or minimum wage and a slightly higher position with really good benefits that I can use towards law school or other school plus all sorts of other stuff.

When I saw the military pension even though it's only like 750 dollars or something I drooled a little. That should tell you how bad it is hahaha.
>>
>>17797828
Officer programs aren't that hard. Sure they are competitive but if you study for the ASTB and get above a 50 (score is from 20 to 80) you're good. I would try to shoot for officer first since there is no harm in trying and if you don't do well on the test or don't get selected then enlist. Just know enlisting you probably won't get the job you want ever. It's still alright pay though.

Really try for an officer program. Talk to an officer recruiter and they can point you in the right direction as far as programs and if you'll be competitive. Show up to the recruiter looking professional and like you really want to join and they'll help you out. Officer recruiters are typically pretty legit.

On mine I put the "limited truth." Like how I got fired from a civilian job. Be truthful and honestly as long as you're mentally fine when you join that's all that matters. Again my friend had depression coming in and she's Intel.
>>
>>17797845

Alright. Yeah.

I think I understand a bit more now.

I feel that the military is my best shot at being independent one way or another lol. I also want some Republican friends. I also feel really bad when people ask me or accuse me of being a veteran and I have to say no. I look very military like and I think it really breaks peoples hearts when I say no. They just end up feeling like shit and so do I. I've seen full grown men and women cry when they find out i'm basically poor because I wasn't a vet. I don't want them to feel that way.

At least i've got sympathy from white republicans. Spics and niggers just laugh when they find out i'm not a vet cause they know about the rampant discrimination against republicans. I think it's time for that to end.
>>
>>17797872
Good luck anon. Remember, the military actually needs people. Most people who come in have some kind of strange thing going on.

Keep the end of goal of making it in your mind and your shipmates, fellow soldiers, recruits, etc. will help you the rest of the way.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.