[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I fucked?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (9KB, 245x206px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 245x206px
Hey anons, I'm really terrified here and need some help.

2 months ago, I had unprotected anal sex (gay) with a friend, and today just found out he has had HIV since he was 16. He didn't shoot in me, but I'm still worried and plan on getting tested on Monday.

What are my chances? Am I fucked?
>>
Come on buds. Help a dude out.
>>
>>17797264

what are teh chances? the chances dont matter. bareback penetrative sex is the most risky way to get HIV. even if he didnt cum in you, you better hope he didnt pre cum, and if you're not exactly used to it (like it was your first time, or one of your first few times) the chances of there being tears is likely.

go get tested ASAP op. that is all that matters. no percentages, no chances, just getting tested.

getting HIV isn't the end though. my boss has had it since the 80s, and hes 75 years old and still in ebtter shape than you.

one of my first boyfriends caught it last year. hes already at what they call 'undetectable'.

according to my boss they're pretty close to finding a cure, and hes looking to get into the trials.

if you are neg, pelase get on PrEP in the meantime/
>>
selfbump
>>
>>17797289
What is PrEP?
>>
>>17797303

its a medication that oyu can take every day. it was given as part of treatment against HIV. then they did tests on people who dont have HIV and found it was 99% effective against protecting against hiv (with condoms being only 98% effective.
>>
>>17797317
If I'm already infected, or contracted it from sex 2 months ago, how will it affect me?
>>
>>17797321

on its own, it will only make the HIV stronger. its like taking an antio biotic without doing the full treatment.

PrEP is used for people who DO have HIV, with other medications as well. these medications together will lead to you being whats called 'undetectable'. where you tested for the virus before, but your tests now come back negative.

this does not mean you are cured. the virus still exists. if you stop taking the meds you would get worse. however, if you take them you wont really be able to infect anyone, especially if they are on PrEP as well
>>
>>17797321
>>17797331

they say that having sex with soemone who is 'undetectable' is safer than someone who hasnt been tested in a while, but i havent done much research on hwo true that is. its definitely ture that the chance is less, but im not sure about it being 'zero'.

your friend is liekly undetectable if hes had it since he was 16. it takes less than a year to get to undetectable these days.
>>
I'm just really scared, and I'm going to have to wait until monday to get testetd...He said he was undetectable after 2 weeks of contracting it..so he figured he didn't need to tell me.
>>
>>17797353

he should still tell you, but if thats the case i would not worry. still go get tested, and please for the love of god start taking PrEP.

but i wouldnt be worried about catching it if i were you.
>>
>>17797420
Where do I get PrEP?
>>
>>17797433

assuming you have medical insurance, it costs about 30 bucks a month, but if you dont most LGBT centers and such offer it for free through 'trials' where you got to do a lot more paperwork.

and dont convince yourself its not worth it. PrEP is a lot easier to explain to your parents than AIDS.
>>
>>17797353
You're fucked haha enjoy AIDS! I hope, for your sake, you have money... or a rifle
>>
>>17797439
Would getting PrEP help even if I'm not going to be in sexual contact with anyone? Isn't it just preventative?

How would it help if I've already contracted it?
>>
>>17797447

PrEP is preventative on its own. use it to NOT get hiv.

however taking it with one or two other meds (i dont know the specifics) helps supress hiv after contracting it.

but if you're going forward thinking 'nah im gonna stop having sex' you are wrong. better safe than sorry. get on PrEP.
>>
I haven't had any symptoms of the viral stage, like sweating or a fever, and it has been 2 months. I know some people can be asymptomatic for like 3 months, but I'm still scared.
>>
>>17798203
It can go a very variable amount of time in incubation, you should start seeing a counselor on how to cope.

Better than hanging on a small thread of hope and then getting crushed if the odds win.
>>
File: 1479928754640.jpg (71KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1479928754640.jpg
71KB, 320x240px
>>17797264
Don't worry op, I'm POZZitive this will work out for you.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.