[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holiday blues..

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1489.jpg (199KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1489.jpg
199KB, 1500x1000px
I always feel really down during the entire holiday season. I'm not sure why, but it's like this every year. I don't celebrate any holidays or anything. So it doesn't make sense to me.

Anyone have any ideas or experience this as well?
>>
>>17796961

>why do i feel down during the holidays
>i dont celebrate them

oh gee, i wonder why you're sad then. its almost as if NOT celebrating the holidays is making you sad.
>>
>>17796970

but that doesn't make sense to me tho. I choose to not celebrate. So shouldn't everything just seem like normal? I don't get why November and December are depressing months. It should be no different than August and September
>>
>>17796970
This , for example I feel down when I think of being a young adult myself, still spending holidays with my family rather than with a gf or with group of friends like many of my friends and peers, but then again I reconsider that at least I have a nice family to spend it with, so there are always some good and bad stuff op
>>
>>17796987

>BUT I CHOSE NOT TO CELEBRATE

you're that kid in highschool who said he CHOSE not to go to prom.

but lets pretend you honest to god dont even think about celebrating the holidays with anyone... does that make the holidays suddenly disappear? you get these days off (or worse, you dont) and are forced to acknowledge that everyone is out celebrating.

you say you chose not to participate in holidays, but again, its like being htat kid in highschool who doesn't get to go to prom or someones party. doesnt matter why you cant go, but even if you dont want to go, you still want to be invited.
>>
>>17796990

I just treat these months as any normal months. Nothing is different. I always volunteer to work on the holidays too. But for some reason, I always feel down
>>
>>17797008

imagine choosing to give up dessert and then watching people eat the most decadent sweets right in front of you.

thats what 'not celebrating' the holidays is.
>>
>>17797007

>you're that kid in highschool who said he CHOSE not to go to prom.

I have no regrets from not going to prom.

but I'm am a single guy, I get invited every year by co-workers and their families to attend holiday dinner since they all know I'm by myself. But I always politely decline. I really do choose to not celebrate Thanksgiving in the US, and Christmas and New Years.
>>
>>17797014

That doesn't seem the same to me
>>
>>17797018
>I have no regrets from not going to prom.
>i just sat around all night wondering why i was sad i didnt go to prom

>i really do choose not to celebrate

and thats great but that doesn't magically take the sad away. its like choosing to go get your vaccinations. it still hurts even if you want to do it. homework is still homework even if you choose to do it, as are chores or just taking a bad job.

jsut cuz someone chose to work at mcdonalds doesn't mean its not depressing.

>>17797024

>that doesnt seem the same to me

and yet here you are, still sad on the holidays. no need to argue man. its pretty simple logic.

you chose to be 'above' the holidays for whatever reason. but everyone else still celebrates, and that makes you sad that you arent celebrating.
>>
>>17797028
>>i just sat around all night wondering why i was sad i didnt go to prom

I wasn't sad at all. I ordered a pizza and played Battlefield 1943 all night. Worth it.
But about the holiday season. it just doesn't make sense to me, any of it really
>>
>>17797044

its a metaphor you doof.

>it just doesnt make any sense

it makes perfect sense, you're just dumb apparently.

but go ahead and try to find some magical third reason.
>>
>>17797049

That doesn't help make me feel any better. But it just doesn't make any sense. I don't like when people buy me gifts, or i don't at all like family type gathers.
>>
>>17797054

>that doesn't help make me feel any better.

you didn't ask to feel better, you asked for an answer to 'why'. the truth doesn't tend to make people happier.

>but it just doesn't make any sense

it literally makes perfect logical sense that the rest of the world would universally agree upon. you are just too egotistical to see beyond yourself.

you think 'IM TOO GOOD FOR THE HOLIDAYS, I DONT NEED THEM' and then when you feel sad you can't admit that its because you're like everyone else, you're human, and you crave to be a part of these celebrations.

>i dont like gifts
>or family type gathers

and thats fine, but everyone likes to celebrate. not necessarilly the holidays as they are, but again, everyone wants to be a part of something. you are alone. probably lonely. not as lonely as others might be in your situation, but definitely lonely. and when holiday comes its a big reminder. this is the time everyone insists you're supposed to be happy.

you like the idea of the holidays, even if you dont like how they have panned out in the past.

i dont like family gatherings cuz i dont like my family. but now i just spend christmas iwth my boss (its also his birthday) and thats a lot of fun.
>>
>>17797073

I appreciate the post. But I disagree. I don't think I'm craving it
>>
>>17797120

>i dont think im craving it

says the heroine, three days into sobriety, and not able to figure out why everything hurts
>>
>>17797120
You sound like you don't know what you really want

You say you don't need holidays but get depressed around that time????

Only other thing can be that seasonal depression shit cuz there's no sun around
>>
VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY

>7 Signs You May Be Vitamin D Deficient

>2. You Feel "Blue"

Serotonin, the brain hormone associated with mood elevation, rises with exposure to bright light and falls with decreased sun exposure... found those with the lowest levels of vitamin D were 11 times more prone to be depressed...

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/05/28/vitamin-d-deficiency-signs-symptoms.aspx
>>
Can be a vitamin D deficiency, seasonal affective disorder, or the holiday season reminds you how truly lonely you are.

I fall in the last one, and you sound a lot like I did a few years ago before I came to the conclusion that's why I feel down on holidays.
>>
>>17796961
Very, very common. There are more suicides Christmas week than any other week in the year.

Two reasons:
1. Seeing happiness and togetherness celebrated on TV and everywhere else constantly can make you more aware than usual of your own unhappiness, however minimal and normal it might be.
2. SADS is a real physiological thing for some people. Get a SADS lamp.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.