[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I Admitted to Guilt - Did I Fuck Up?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 00404_iIVQ73eDXo9_1200x900.jpg (145KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
00404_iIVQ73eDXo9_1200x900.jpg
145KB, 1200x675px
I put up an ad on craigslist to find someone who might be able to come to my place to work on my car (or tow it back to his shop). When I put up the ad, I wanted to include a picture (that seems to help with replies) so I used a picture from an automotive services ad. Turns out, a vehicle in the picture I used had the logo of the other poster's company on it.

A person who replied to my ad asked if I was the same person and when I said no, told me that I could get sued for using someone else's pictures, especially for using their logo. I panicked and took the ad down and asked the guy who emailed me if he thought that was good enough. He said I should email the people whose image I used, give an apology including a specific description of what I did, give them my name address and phone, so they can contact me.

I don't know why I didn't just let it lie but the idea of being sued scared me so I sent a detailed email apologizing, stating what I did wrong, and gave them my personal info.

Am I fucked? Can they sue me? If you were the person I'd sent the apology to, what would you do?
>>
Why would you do something like this, anon-kun?
>>
>>17796947
In the moment, I was freaked out. The guy I was talking to over email had my phone number and name and I wanted to be the one to admit to doing something wrong, not have someone else tell the person. It was wrong headed. I just want to know if this is something that the company will follow through with?
>>
I feel that, based on the lack of replies here, I have nothing to worry about. If anyone does think that I've screwed myself over and has any enlightening information, I would be glad for it.
>>
>>17796949
Was there any way this could have been misinterpreted? Did you actually take responsibility for violating their property rights?
>>
>>17796985
In the email I sent an attached file of the pictures I used, the dates of the posts, and I made a clear apology which included language directly stating that I used the images without permission.
>>
>>17796992
Shit. This is pretty serious. Have you seen a lawyer?
>>
>>17797011
No, I don't have one.
>>
You're fucked. Nah just kidding but if you gave them any contact info and they're pricks then it can become something. If not, go ghost
>>
>>17797026
They have my home phone, cell phone, work phone, home address, work address. They also have my craigslist email, personal email, and work email.
>>
you weren't trying to represent that you were them so it's literally nothing
>>
I've done some fucking deplorable scamming over craigslist

You're good
>>
stop freaking out. dont worry about it.
>>
>>17797034
You're an idiot
>>
>>17796911
As long as you didn't hire anyone no
You are a lucky fuck tho never do that again
>>
File: image.jpg (72KB, 681x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72KB, 681x960px
>>17797034
you overshared. what you did was called a mistake and was not a big deal and who contacted you originally was some fag with nothing else to do other than to make you feel like shit in that moment.
don't worry about it.
>>
>>17797034
This is fucking insane. Why would you fucking do this? They can claim loss of business and permanent harm, you could wind up paying them for life, anon!
>>
>>17797099
The company isn't the problem tho
They have to send a cease and desist first before taking legal action and then if you ignore it you get sued
The risk was if op has someone responds to the add and get paid for the job and then he claiming he got scammed into thinking he was getting hired by the company
>>
>>17797109
This is good to know, and possibly why I haven't heard back from them. Thanks.
>>
Lawyer here.

You're alright. They'll be fine with it, and if they're not, court costs will be so high and potential pay off so low that only a fucking idiot would go after you in court. Relax.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.