[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I quit playing video games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1479402995529.jpg (102KB, 780x928px) Image search: [Google]
1479402995529.jpg
102KB, 780x928px
How do I quit playing video games?
>>
Watch anime
>>
>>17796601
Thats the trick
You dont quit, you just reduce the time spent playing
>>
Moderation is key.

Learn why overindulgence in anything is bad, but especially why it is bad regarding screen-interests. And I mean REALLY learn it, get it through your head. A zen saying states that "To know and not practice, is not really to know."
>>
>>17796601
Replace it with a real hobby. Find something you enjoy that actually improves you in some way or allows you to provide value to the world or to others and focus on that instead. I used to be horribly addicted to video games and now I don't play them at all. I focus on music instead and my life is much, much happier for it.
>>
>>17796836
I like lifting but i injured my back 2 years ago. Anytime I go back it aches again. Stretching helps for a bit then it comes back. Doing nothing seems to help in the long run. Art is fun but it destroys my fingers.

>>17796824
>>17796835
I play an MMORPG, raid and lead a guild. I have a full-time job so I am somewhat responsible with my time. How would I go about this process of quitting on leading/raiding?
>>
>>17796856
>>17796856
Groom a successor. Give them time and ample warning.
>>
>>17796876
What if no one wants to?
>>
>>17796856
In order to play mmorpgs at the level you described is to have a second job. Understand if you do not want this half life any more you must be willing to give up all you have strived to build.

Find someone worthy to take the reins, give all your gear, gold and valuables to your best ingame friends, delete your character and unsubscribe. It's easier to move on with your life once you hollow out your account

Becareful when talking to old game mates in the coming months , try to enjoy their stories but don't let it suck you back in when they say how much they wish you came back or the guild ran better when you were here etc ect. We all have our own life's to live and you are internally aware that it's time for you to move on as will they when their time comes.
>>
>>17796888
Then it's not your problem. Let them pick up the pieces.
>>
>>17796856
>How would I go about this process of quitting on leading/raiding?
Ninja the guildbank, /gkick everyone, go in /2 and threaten to rape someone.

It's a bit extreme but you'll never want to log in again after that.
>>
>>17796601

have something else to do.

contrary to popular belief, quitting anime, video games, or 4chan will not magically teleport you to a club full of horny girls who want to bang you.
>>
>>17796955
I'm past the "fuck all girls" phase, though.

>>17796906
lol

>>17796895
>>17796892
Thanks for the advice. I feel like the game is holding me back from achieving more in life and reaching my goals.
>>
>>17797020

>I'm past the ''fuck all girls'' phase, though

doesn't change the nature of my advice. have something else to do. not playing video games isn't going to makme some new new thing magically appear.

before you quit, already have a schedule set up for the new thing.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.