[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would it be a bad choice to marry someone without any sexual

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1441.png (30KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1441.png
30KB, 450x450px
Would it be a bad choice to marry someone without any sexual or romantic attraction involved?

One of my friends, whom I've never 'loved' in that particular sense, though I do think she's pleasant to look at, would make a really, really good wife. I don't experience any kind of sexual attraction in the first place and she's too shy to ever end up in a situation where she'd encounter a guy interested in fucking her (not to speak of actually wanting to date her). I don't intend to offend anyone but I know her and I know what guys are like, and I hate the idea of someone hurting her worse than he could even imagine just because he wants to get his dick wet and doesn't understand that this girl is fragile.

I'm not sure how far she goes with sexual or romantic attractions, though I'm sure if she ever developed a crush on a real guy irl she'd tell us, and never, ever actually pursue it. In that light, there's never been one.

So, all in all, I think we'd both be better off married to someone who won't fuck us over, and haven't any better option than each other. I'm infertile, anyway, but if she'd want kids I'd love to adopt, and if she does in fact actually want/need sex, I can go through with it.

What do y'all think?
>>
>>17796410
Why no? To what?
>>
You're both adults, right? It's not your job to protect someone from the world, however you feel about her possible future without you.

I don't think the lack of attraction is the problem as much as the lack of consideration for what your friend would want from marriage.

If you want to stay by her side and not fuck her over, stay friends with her.
>>
>>17796393

There is literally no point in getting married to someone if you have no sexual or romantic attraction to each other. Why the fuck would you want to get married? Because it's what everyone else used to do?

Fuck that shit.
>>
>>17796424
What makes you think I don't consider what she'd want from marriage? If there's anything I could provide, I will, and if I can't, that's unfortunate.

The matter is that regardless of whether she would accept my offer or not, making it would change how things are between us for good, and I'm not sure whether the gamble would be worth it. I hate the idea of taking risks with anyone else's life involved.
>>
>>17796439
Because there's more to a marriage than rom-com love and sex? It's about sharing your life with someone, waking up next to someone you're used to waking up next to, picking up kids from school, cooking and cleaning with someone else, knowing there's someone there if you get hit by a car and being there for them just the same.

If you can't imagine a reason to stay with someone unless she makes either your dick or heart throb, I can understand why you have such a negative view of such an arrangement.
>>
>>17796393
Even if you can clearly see yourselves happy together without physical attraction (keep in mind this is only definitely held in 1 out of 2 minds currently), the idea is still a bit foolish.
What happens if she eventually met someone who not only values her greatly, but is physically attracted to her and met with reciprocation? You think she wouldn't follow her passion? You think you'd deserve to keep her from it?

Don't marry selfishly. That always ends in divorce.
>>
>>17796448
>If there's anything I could provide, I will, and if I can't, that's unfortunate.
This is pretty cynical, anon. Does she view marriage as simply being provided for?

Anyway, women want to feel wanted in romantic relationships. Even if attraction isn't everything, for most people it doesn't have a substitute. I grew up with parents who were more like best friends than anything else, but they got that way organically rather than marrying for security alone.

That said, I have no idea what your dynamic is like as friends.

>>17796479
This too
>>
>>17796479
Well, if that happened, of course I'd gladly let her go.

She deserves the best and while I'm not the best I'd be very content with keeping the seat warm until he shows up.
>>
>>17796493
I'm not from one of those places where men financially provide for women. She knows I have a good chunk of money on a savings account, though she doesn't actually know how much, but I believe she'd understand that it's not something to splurge through.

Do women actually quit their jobs and become parasites once they get married in America? How can the men afford it?

You're making it out like I'm physically repulsed by her. And she's not the kind of a girl to go after dick for the sake of dick - she could get it if she wanted to, and she hasn't. She's beautiful and I'm an affectionate person, I don't see what anyone is losing here.
>>
>>17796460

>Muh routine
>Muh kids
>Muh chores
>Muh someone to protect me

Make some actual friends. Or sign off on each others' wills/medical documentation. Don't force a kid into the world so you can maintain your weird as fuck business relationship. Why do you want to share a bed with someone you don't want to have sex with?

This is some next-level delusion here. Plus the ridiculous idea that you need to be there to "protect her," like you're even capable of it.

You're a psychopath. And I don't say that all that much on /adv/.
>>
>>17796524
Some do. Personally my mom always earned more than my dad because he had a government job and she worked for a large company.

Anyway, I still think the way you're seeing this is pretty utilitarian. Try asking her about her plans to one day get married before you make any suggestions.

Off-topic, have you experienced any romantic or sexual attraction to anyone?
>>
File: 1439316719471.jpg (25KB, 185x278px) Image search: [Google]
1439316719471.jpg
25KB, 185x278px
>>17796540

How old are you?

If the answer isn't above 30 then I think you should stop trying to help people on this board, as you are a retard.
>>
>>17796540
How is anything I've said wrong or evil? She's talked about wanting a family, too, and how much it fucks her up to think that her parents were married at our age.

>Don't force a kid into the world
There's also the part about me being incapable of producing kids. Her doing a virgin birth is medically more likely.

If she wants kids, I'm glad to adopt. There are entire continents full of little girls that nobody wants. The damage concerning their existence on this shit planet is already done.

>>17796545
I work in a factory job, though I don't know what kind of employment to seek after my health gives out and I can't do it anymore. She's a daycare teacher and seems to like it.

She has mentioned stuff that implies she'd want a family but doesn't believe in her odds of ever getting one. I'll ask her about it if the subject ever comes up, and I'll steer any promising conversation to that direction whenever possible.

Never have, odds are I never will.
>>
OP, it really depends how much you value sexual intimacy or sex in general. Do you want it? If you do, how much?

These are important questions -- you'll feel 'cheaped' out years later when you realized you're missing out on that lustful aspect of a relationship.

Don't listen to people on here. Lust is a real thing, and it's important for a relationship. Sex simply brings people closer together -- you can't get around this.

Some people call it lust; others call it chemistry. Either way, it'll be a sort of barrier with you and your special other if you don't actually think of them as attractive.

In short, yes it's probably a bad choice to marry someone you're not attracted to.
>>
>>17796568

I'm 30. I'm not anti-marriage by any means, but you should be in love with the person that you marry, passionate about them, and they should be passionate about you in return. Fairytale marriage isn't real, but it shouldn't be something done just because it's hypothetically the next step. You have to spend most every moment of your life with that person going forward, and you'd better have a damn good reason than wanting to be their hypothetical savior, or because you want to do chores together.

You can be a single person and live a very fulfilling life.

>>17796575

It's wrong because you think you have this incorrect understanding of what a true partnership should be, and scary because you think that you're "saving" her from a threat that doesn't yet exist.

You just want someone naive to look up to you.
>>
>>17796578
I dread and loathe sex. I'd endure it for her sake if she wants it, though she's never implied anything about having a sex drive.
>>
>>17796417
I mean no it would not be a bad choice. Love can grow over time
>>
>>17796393
If she isn't asexual like you don't manipulate her by saying that shit.. She can find someone who loves and is attracted to her. It's not fair to deprive her of that opportunity
>>
Marry for love. nothing less.

The sex is part of it. Otherwise, don't bother
>>
>>17796739
She's 22 and a virgin, no religious upbringing of any kind. What other options are there?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.