[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do i do a good impression? I'm trying to nail a particular

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Roger a Muirebe.jpg (436KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Roger a Muirebe.jpg
436KB, 1920x1080px
How do i do a good impression? I'm trying to nail a particular voice for an upcoming convention but I just can't get it down, no matter how many times I go though the lines. Is it just a repition sort of thing, or is there some kind of key to it?
>>
>>17796293
*Repetition
YET ANOTHER THING I CAN'T DO RIGHT
>>
Shameless self bump
>>
Listen to voice reels of the character you're trying to impersonate. Try repeating with different inflections, and adding other words before/after the phrase in question. Boil down what makes that line sound like the assigned character, then you get to work on practicing things you'd want to say in this voice.
>>
>>17796293
Who are you doing an impression of?
>>
>>17796293
you have to be talented, faggot
>>
Other than specifics theres a couple things that help:

1) Record yourself saying whatever you have planned and listen to it. You sound different to yourself than others.

2) Mannerisms are much easier to copy than tone and inflection. Also try and throw in common phrases of theirs. Practice in front of a mirror so you demonstrate the same body language as whoever you are trying to do an impression of.

Also, repetition. By that i mean it takes a solid 5-10 hours of practice to get a solid impression.
>>
>>17797694
Guts. I can yell about Griffith, that's about it.
>>
>>17796293
>Guts

No offense but choosing an animated character is way out of the depth of even most professional voice artists to do easily, let alone someone who has never done an impression.

You could nail it, but you're looking at like 10-20 hours of solid repetition of a single monologue, or phrases.
>>
>>17797716
Well shit. I figured it'd be tough, but not quite that bad. I'll practice a bit more though, it's still like a week away or so.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.