[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

About to be expelled

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: BD06.jpg (225KB, 1020x763px) Image search: [Google]
BD06.jpg
225KB, 1020x763px
Long story short, I only went to school for 5 days out of 47 in this semester due to depression (and being a fuck-up), so I now need to write a paper to the dean explaining why he should give a fuck to not have me expelled, due Monday at the latest. Any pointers? I'd really appreciate being pointed to a resource that can help with that.
>>
I haven't been in your situation before, but I think that getting backup from a doctor or counselor would make it much more effective. Firsthand accounts don't do well with administration.
>>
>>17795389
Yeah, I went to a doctor, but I'm really not sure I can get a paper from him due to, well, angering him. In any case, I'll try to get a paper, but I think it's best to not count on it.
>>
>>17795392
>fuck schools not fun, im depressed, ill just not go
>oh fuck they are going to kick me out, better go to my doctor
>woops i angered him too cause im a fuckup

theres a saying that i cant quite remember, something about a creek, some shit, and a paddle
>>
>>17795403
I don't think that having a paper would change anything. Even if I do have a legitimate excuse, there's still the problem with me not being at school: yes, they can expel me regardless of whether or not I have the paper, so…
In any case, even if that were a game changer (hell, it might be and I might be wrong), I still need to write a paper myself, so there's that.
>>
>>17795419
You don't belong in school anyways. Give your spot to someone who gives a shit about bettering themselves.
>>
>>17795553
I'm fine, thank you.
>>
File: 1479962928221.jpg (84KB, 700x512px) Image search: [Google]
1479962928221.jpg
84KB, 700x512px
I actually was in the exact same situation as you before when I went to uni. Couple of questions:

Do you go to highschool or a university? I figure that college might mean something equivalent to highschool if you are outside the U.S.
>>
>>17795571
Uni. I wouldn't sweat it if it were a school.
>>
>>17795572
Ok. I'll share with you what I did. Just give me a moment to write it out.
>>
>>17795574
Cheers, mate.
>>
>>17795553
This
OP it's blatantly obvious you're not taking it seriously and don't give a shit about your studies. Why set yourself up for the same thing to happen?
>>
In my third year at uni I was spread too thin and ended up bombing the semester (missing classes, assignments, and even tests). Right before the end I had a "come to Jesus" moment where I realized how badly I was fucking up. So I went to the registrars office and withdrew from my courses. I told my parents that I had withdrawn at Thanksgiving dinner as calmly as a Hindu cow.

How did I fix it? I "sought help" from a psychologist. Attended a few sessions and got diagnosed with PTSD and depression. I had him write a letter to my school and I also had to type up an essay describing why I was messing up that aligned with the psychologist. The Dean's Office ended up wiping the semester off my record as a "medical withdrawal," so that my GPA wouldn't suffer and they gave me my tuition money back.

So here's what you need to do:

1. Set up an appointment with a psychologist. If you have been already meeting with one, then even better. This step is so that you can point to something tangible regarding your depression and what you are doing to fix it. I realize that you won't be able to get sessions in over the weekend, and that's fine because you don't need to.

2. Write an essay detailing how you have had a challenging time this semester because you have been dealing with "insert bogus but possible reason here." The essay doesn't need to be perfect. Basically, I imagine that your dean isn't "out for blood." But rather, he or she is looking to you to give them an excuse to not expel you. You should also mention that you are seeking out professional help because this whole ordeal has been a "wake up call" for how serious your issues have become.

3. Familiarize yourself with your universities policies regarding grounds for expulsion and readmission. For the most part, universities do NOT want to expel students because this negatively affects their rate of graduation, which in turn affects their rank.

[To be continued].
>>
>>17795592

4. Actually go to a few sessions and then ask your psychologists to write a letter corroborating your mental condition and how it affected your academic performance. If you have already been seeing a shrink, then send him an e-mail or call him up today to ask him for a note. If you can't do that, then write in the essay how you have been seeing a psychologist and that you are willing to request documentation if need be.

Good luck, bud. This worked for me, and it can work for you. Just remember, you need to give a logical reason why you've been fucking up and how you are going to fix it.
>>
>>17795589
It is, in fact, a long story. And even disregarding that, the thing with the paper will at the very least give me some time to do good on my contingency plan, so eh.
>>17795592
>>17795599
Thanks for the advice.
> insert bogus but possible reason here
For an inspiration, what did you go with?
>>
>>17795601
I had traveled to a third world country for a charity mission earlier that year. I claimed that I found it very difficult to take life seriously after seeing the conditions other people in the world lived in.

It was total bullshit. I was just being irresponsible.
>>
>>17795604
Ah, I see why you didn't mention that. Will have to figure out something else.
In any case, thanks again.
>>
>>17795610
Not him, but I hope you have "a come to jesus" moment as well, and are just not looking to weasel out of the consecuences of your irresponsibility, just to continue on the same track.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.