[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a weird one probably. So this girl invited me to her

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

This is a weird one probably.

So this girl invited me to her birthday party. It's gonna involve quite a few drinks, lotta dancing and all that shit. The average stuff. Also her friends which I don't know at all.

In the past I've been always the type to avoid any sort of parties, because I've been a shut in for really long and that includes some social retardation up until a few years ago. Let's say I'm old enough for this kind of shit to even matter to me but since I have been always the kind not to like to get drunk (mainly because it never ends well) I'm a little bit worried.

Without becoming an ass and still trying to enjoy myself, how can I avoid embarrassing myself? I just happen to get drunk fairly easily. It doesn't help this girl is the kind of person who loves to sit on people's laps if you know what I mean. She already has a boyfriend.
>>
>>17795284
You posted this exact question a few days ago. Didn't you like any of the answers you got then?
>>
OP, as someone who is just coming out of a shut in phase, I feel that the only way to get better at interacting with people is to just do it. Don't worry about being the life of the party, if you go and have one solid conversation with a stranger then you can consider it a win. Plus, booze usually helps with social anxiety.

As for the alcohol, just make sure you limit your intake. Dont have more than like 2 drinks an hour, one if you're really trying to stay sober, and try to drink water if you can.
>>
I don't get it why you think you'll embarass yourself...

On ur question, you point out that "In the past" you avoided those parties. Not now. You WERE a shut-in, not now. You WERE socially retarded, not now...

If you are afraid to get drunk, don't drink. I stopped drinking 3 years ago because it made me feel real bad, health issues (didn't get any disease, it just made me feel unhealthy). There's no problem in it, I have more fun than most because I'm sobber...

Anyways, I don't get the reason you fear embarassing yourself, you seem well on ur way.
>>
>>17795323
This, except for the water.
From my experience of heavy drinking at parties, I can tell you that nothing limits your alcohol intake better than food. If you take a bite after every shot you won't get beyound dizzy.
>>
>>17795332
Weird. I guess more people have this issue.

>>17795323
>>17795332
I'll try to chow down on something. Many thanks.

>>17795326
Well, 2 years ago as I started coming out of that phase I almost lost a friendship once because of it. Didn't go to parties but I would hang out with some "friends" I had. Ended up getting the wrong impression and being a little grabby with someone. It so happens that this girl I kinda like, and she's pretty affectionate so I don't want to fuck anything up with the 7 or so people I'm just going to meet.

Many thanks
>>
>>17795351
Oh, btw I must mention I was drunk in that occasion.
>>
>>17795351
I see... well man, there's no win without risk.
Please notice that being anxious about it quite normal, not a shut-in thing, after all, you seem to like those persons and do not wish them to be pushed away.

Still, you can play it cool like someone said up above, don't run risks and just try to hold conversation with people so you'll loosen up.

My tip above all is: GO! Hahaha have fun, see how it'll go, who knows u might get surprised. Have a light mind about it, go to have fun! Try not to believe ur expectations.

I don't think u'll do bad there OP, I actually believe u are way better about it then you notice yourself.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.