[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Emotional Blockage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: sad_sunflower-wide.jpg (45KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
sad_sunflower-wide.jpg
45KB, 1600x1000px
My current SO of 3 years is different from everyone else I've been with. He seems to have no emotions at all aside from the occasional angry outburst whereas I am a constant emotional wreck. I love him with all my heart, and he is everything I want in a man. The only issue I've had with him is his inability to open up.
He outright avoids any conversation that could trigger an emotional response from him. If I pry, he gets hostile. Talking to him about my own feelings is like talking to a brick wall. I stopped altogether because it's obvious that he doesn't experience emotion on the level I do. He simply can't relate.
You may be getting the impression that he's boring, but on the surface he is charming as hell. Smart, funny, charismatic, and kind. How could I complain?
My problem is that there seems to be nothing beyond that. All he talks about are his interests, his hobbies, and our plans for the future.
He hasn't had the easiest life, and I'm certain there is a mountain of suppressed emotion beyond his walls. How can I get him to acknowledge this? How can I prove to him that this is unhealthy behavior? We joke all the time about how he has no feelings, but I don't think he understands that actually bothers me. He has blown off just about every attempt I've made. Some subjects are off limits altogether because he can't even handle thinking about them, much less discussing them.
Is there anything I can do, or are some people really just like this?
>>
brb I'm recording a Vocaroo for you OP
>>
>>17795129
Thanks.
And before anyone asks, he has never endured any sort of serious trauma.
>>
Sorry it's taking so long OP. I'm having a kinda important phone call atm.
I'll be back in like 15 mins tops!
>>
he doesnt care
you are a bimbo who fits well to his plans
but he is everything you want in a man, so eat what you cooked
>>
File: hqdefault(2).jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault(2).jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>17795120

Some people are just more introverted than others. Just because he doesn't show his emotion, doesn't mean it's not there. You reminded me of when i dated someone i would consider "over emotional". It's a matter of perception.
Perhaps he was raised to think
Feelings are for sissies.

Pic related, Your boyfriend in 50 years
>>
>>17795120
Those are signs of narcissistic personality disorder. Run.
>>
>>17795190
Even if he's not narc, he's still emotionally unavailable. You can't have relationships with emotionally unavailable people.
>>
>>17795190
>hose are signs of narcissistic personality disorder.
how so?
>>
>>17795173
>>>r9k

>>17795190
After a little research I feel this is a definite possibility. Fuck.
>>
Fucking finally
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1FBy7DL69Tm
He might not be narcissistic but there's definitely something wrong with him. You might even be in an emotionally abusive relationship without knowing. Take care of yourself and try to provide more details so we can say if he's treting you wrong.

But please, remember that you're not being a bad partner or egotistical for trying to be in a better position. You have to take care of yourself anon
>>
>>17795209
I truly appreciate the thoughtful response.
To answer your first question I have always been an emotional wreck. I have endured trauma and abuse. This aspect of the relationship stresses me, sure, but I usually have more serious issues to worry over.
Sometimes I actually appreciate the fact that he's like this because when discussing problems/feelings is off table I don't dwell on them quite as much. If it's something that's really getting to me though it hurts to hold it back. Not that I have to. I just don't want to bore him.
Secondly, I know his family very well. They've told me a lot about him behind his back because they know how he is, and they know I wonder. Some messed up stuff did happen several years ago. He did get in trouble for it. I dont want to elaborate, but it wasnt very serious. They've all said he was like that before though.
No, we do not have any close friends. He has lots of old friends that ask to hangout with him, but he's never interested.
>>
>>17795217
First things first: if you've endured trauma and abuse, go see a therapist if you can afford one.

When you say you kinda appreciate when you don't dwell on things it sounds like you're just trying to convince yourself. Even if they are minor things you have to talk them out. You might not be thinking about them actively but they end up getting to you, and sometimes you don't even realize it.

Besides, it's a slippery slope: if you can't talk about those things because you're afraid you might bore him, how can you expect to be able to talk about important stuff? You can't.

You need someone to talk about this with. Even if it's not a close friend (by the way, go make some friends asap).

Hell, if you want to, you can even Skype me or something.
>>
>>17795239
I can't afford one. All I can afford is my clinic for uninsured people. I get my meds and only speak to a psych for 15 minutes every two or three months.
Friends aren't easy to come by around here. It's a small town, and I've burned many bridges.
>>
>>17795261
fug
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.