[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where does the development of romantic interest come from?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: FB_IMG_1479925351456.jpg (97KB, 997x952px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1479925351456.jpg
97KB, 997x952px
If there's no excitement in a relationship, it grows dull really really quickly.
I have had relationships in the past where i was honeslty enjoying the other person more before it was official. Investing too much too quickly can be extremely dangerous, you need to have the excitement and interest to build a relationship on before it can continue throughout the relationship.
How to keep that sense of wonder and interest with intention to develop a long term relationship is something I'm trying to figure out myself. How do you do it, /adv/?
>>
>>17795037
Be an interesting person.

Let's use an extreme example, somebody with limited interests and predictable schedule, say a gaymer who works at a dull job with minimal human contact. The chance that he learns anything new from that is minimal. After that he goes back to his basement, playing vidya or watching a movie with his gf. Every single day the same shit. Their activities don't expand the horizons of either person. Both would stagnate a people in the long run, and their relationship would too.
>>
Learning trust and trusting yourself with emotions for them and how you view yourself. Sex usually destroys interest among most. Might have a sense of truth to it for yourself if it's lust or love but should be both
>>
>>17795041
You have an absolutely great point.
I know for sure she finds me interesting, as our conversations drag out in essay long messages on Facebook, and non stop chatter in person (which is great when we're both admittedly heavy introverts).
We hold same interests in video games, music, politics, history, all sorts of shit. We've been friends for a year and there's always new shit to talk about. I just fear that I'm not mysterious enough to spark that romantic interest on her part. Is this right?
>>
>>17795050
> as our conversations drag out in essay long messages on Facebook, and non stop chatter in person
>We've been friends for a year and there's always new shit to talk about.
Sounds pretty damn good.

>I just fear that I'm not mysterious enough to spark that romantic interest on her part.
It really depends on a person. Keeping some level of mystery is usually advantageous (specially with younger and/or more adventurous chicks) but it's also really easy to overdo it and appear too distant that way (which is extra bad if she's introverted too). Besides, some people like knowing "everything" about their partner. It's best to stick to "bee urself".

Sparking romantic interest is way more complicated than keeping it though and I doubt there is a right way. At best you can test the waters by being more flirty and the likes but there is no guarantee, no matter how much of a good fit you two are.
>>
>>17795069
I know right? Sounds like good shit, but I get the gut feeling there is rejection up ahead of me. I have stunted emotional development, which only now I have developed more of. We both lack social skills outside of our bubble, and I have really been trying to break out of it. I feel I'm on a good track, but fear the rejection.

We're both in our early 20s, she holds more social anxiety and she's super comfortable with me, she got red when I first hugged her when going our separate ways after a hangout, it's all sorts of shit. I'm on a good run. What do I do next?
>>
>>17795086
Sorry, I should clarify that though I have shit social skills I have gone a full 180° and been trying to break her out of hers by being more social with her.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.