[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Goals and the future.... Sadness/melancholy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

So I have spent my life always wanting to be a martial artist and devote my life to training. I never followed through. I have also always wanted to be a master mediator and a pro ssb melee player. I also need to continue writing my book. I know these all take years to be a master at but I need to get started and commit myself. I need to get rid of distractions like the internet and devote myself to training all of these things. The thing is... I can't hang out with anyone and it will be a hard lonely life style. It will be tough and the road will be arduous, filled with grief and loneliness and solitude. I can't help but feeling this sense of melancholy about my coming journeys. I have friends and a social life but it feels weird that I will have to leave all that behind in order to better myself.
Complete sobriety and I won't have time for women or friends. Just isolation and focus on my goals. It makes me sad somehow and idk why.

Idk general advice? What do I do to get past these feelings? What would you do? How would you approach this lifestyle? What should I do?
>>
You have to be 18 to post here
>>
>>17794729
I'm 21 mate and on my way to becoming a firefighter. I know my goals and shit sound immature or something to you or other people but it is what I want to do in my life and I won't be happy if I don't do these things.
>>
>>17794656
bump
>>
>>17794656
bump for help
>>
>>17794656
obviously you don't care that much about achieving your goals enough. If you don't love it enough you are just forcing yourself. To get past these feelings you have to do something very simple: Want to achieve your goals really bad. Be desperate for it. Train hard and think about how the professionals train and compare yourself to them. If you don't want it you won't have it.
>>
>>17794922
I love it but I can't face the fact down that I am on a journey that is lonely and that I have nobody to relate to about the things I will be doing to get there.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.