[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Black Friday laptop shopping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0412.gif (337KB, 492x376px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0412.gif
337KB, 492x376px
I'm not a good consumer. I haven't had a working laptop since early 2013. Kind of out of the loop on current tech and been brown the chans on my phone. But now I need one on which I can do graphic design/visual artwork that wouldn't run more than $300. Doing stuff in adobe illustrator, editing scanned photos, looking to branch out digitally. Could anyone point me in the right direction?
>>
>>17793946
>But now I need one on which I can do graphic design/visual artwork that wouldn't run more than $300.

1. Ask /g/
2. Good luck - your budget is too low.
>>
File: IMG_0437.jpg (29KB, 500x208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0437.jpg
29KB, 500x208px
>>17793950
I didn't want to shit up their board. Also I don't need an ultra workhorse I'm looking for something light cheap and efficient for what it is
>>
>>17793946
>graphic design/visual artwork that wouldn't run more than $300
Good fucking luck with that. At best you could manage a desktop out of used parts, MAYBE an used Macbook Air from 2012 or so, although that'd be tricky.

Also it's a question better suited on /g/
>>
File: IMG_0464.jpg (54KB, 800x479px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0464.jpg
54KB, 800x479px
>>17793958
Well fuck. How much do laptops cost these days?
>>
>>17793976
A really good one will run you into 1.3-2k if new. Some of the cheap shit is alright, say Chromebooks (200-350) (generally alright but almost useless for your purposes) and most of the stuff between 350 and 750 tends to be pretty damn shit for the price but somewhat viable. Unless you buy used/refurbished, which is the best chance to good a decent laptop for 500-900.

Generally it's better to buy something more expensive but good instead of trying to save couple bucks and ending up with a cancerous experience.

Also it's about how much cancer you could handle, theoretically one can do the tasks on an oldass pc from 2006 with a dualcore, 2GB RAM and integrated GPU too but it'd be a painful experience. So what exactly do you expect and how professional are you about the shit?
>>
>>17793976

$750 is something I can barely work while wanting to shoot myself

$1500+ is a passable work computer

Laptops didn't get cheaper or exponentially more powerful like they used to every few years.
>>
>>17794019

Anyway, with that in mind, you can probably get something with an i5 for 500ish.
>>
>>17794019
>Laptops didn't get cheaper or exponentially more powerful like they used to every few years.
True although many advances were made with displays and power efficiency. 8h was awesome battery life couple years ago, now it's almost a standard unless we're talking about workstation replacements.
>>
File: IMG_0121.jpg (24KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0121.jpg
24KB, 600x400px
>>17794007
I graduated school in the spring and I'm trying to get Something accomplished in a visual arts career while also making student loan payments, fixing up a car to drive, and saving the money to move out. I ride a bike to a retarded retail job give or take 25 hours a week. At most I need something to access internet and do some file storage, basic photo editing...
be able to run adobe anddraw on a tablet hopefully
Your post was helpful btw ty
>>
>>17794048
Also so chrome books and those skinny light notebooks can't do dick with visual arts programs?
>>
>>17794055

Yes. Friend just got one. Said they lag when opening more than a few tabs on google.

Anyway, ask the art board and /g/. Also google cheapest laptops for art or something. You have pretty specific needs and I am sure there is information on it out there somewhere.
>>
>>17794055
Yeah, pretty much, Chromebooks are for "I need something bigger than a phone with keyboard to access the Internet" type of situations (and high end phones tend to be faster too). Given how most are in the 300 bucks ballpark, you can estimate your chances to get something noticeable better at that budget.
>>
File: IMG_0368.png (11KB, 125x255px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0368.png
11KB, 125x255px
Ok folks thanks for the /advice/
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.