[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't know how to mow a lawn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: FmYjcHV.gif (1024KB, 218x228px) Image search: [Google]
FmYjcHV.gif
1024KB, 218x228px
Hey /adv/. I suffer from severe anxiety and my girlfriends grandpa got sick and needs someone to mow his lawn for him.

My girlfriend volunteered me.

Problem is, I've never used a lawn mower or a weed wacker in my life. Yeah yeah, I know it's silly.

How do I go about this without looking like a total retard? Does mowing a lawn require any know-how?
>>
Really simple but I'll go through it. It'll probably have a little handle that you keep pressed down to keep it going. Simply put it on the grass and push it to the other side, not too fast. Turn around (lift it off the ground don't just drag), go back etc.

If you don't cut it properly go back over it. Pretty hard to get wrong.

Don't try mowing stone paths.
>>
File: (You).jpg (83KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
(You).jpg
83KB, 1920x1080px
>>17793685
Tell them you don't know what the fuck you're doing. Have some on teach you how to do it right. Do it with out fucking up. It's not that fucking hard.
>>
if it's got an engine, first thing you need to learn how to do is to start it. you need to yank on the starter cord as fast and hard and far as you can to get the engine going. the ones i use also usually have another lever that determine how fast the engine is going. mine had a little picture of a turtle >> rabbit. you want this mid-high when starting it.

some other random tips you might need if you know literally nothing:
there should be a lever somewhere to change how high the mower is. you don't usually want it on its lowest setting, maybe 2 or 3 notches higher than minimum.

don't start the mower over anything except grass, and preferably with it on the highest lever setting (so it's sitting higher above the ground).

make sure you have petrol. make sure you have oil. you can google how to check these.

don't forget to empty the catch. you may need to ask where to put the cut grass. maybe you've got a Greens bin like everyone does in australia. in NZ, we used to just dump it where we grew food and shit.

you could also probably just google all this once you are told what kind of mower it is.

after its up and running, just go over all the grass until it's all cut. if you miss parts, obviously just go back over it again. doesn't matter. don't go faster than a regular walking pace.

if you have to go over pavement or anything that's not grass, tilt it back so the front wheels come up and the blades are in the air, otherwise you could fuck up the blades on hard surfaces. better yet, you could turn off the mower to go over it.

also to turn off the mower you use that throttle (with the bunny >> turtle) and push it all the way in the turtle direction until the engine turns off.

don't go over any small animals.
>>
Buy starter fluid for the mower, spray it into the carborator after removing the filter.

Check the gasoline, if it's real low, fill it up.

Check the oil, if it's above the max line, dump some, if it's below the minimun line, add.

Push the little red button on the carborator about 3-5 times, hard, if not more.

Pull the cord to start, keep pulling till it starts.

If you tried all this and it failed, remove the spark plug and muffler, they should both expose a hole, pour about half a drinking cup worth of gas into the holes, only half a cup should be enough for both holes.

Then, cover the holes with t-shit pieces or rags.

Now pull the cord and pretend you're trying to start the mechine, this will force the gas within the holes out by force, along with the rags. Repeat this process till there is no more gas spewing out.

Now clean the spark plug and muffler in gasoline and allow them, and the lawn mower to dry, separately. You should allow air to enter the exposed holes.

After 30-40 minutes or so, reassemble the mower, and attempt to restart it.

NOW! If this shit didn't get it to work... and by strange miracle you are still having trouble, it's probably your carborator.

Empty the carborator resevoir, clear it out with gas, check the tiny gas feeder, try cleaning it out with a tiny wire. reassemble in the CORRECT position.

try starting the mower again. if it doesn't work, take it to a shop.
>>
>>17793685
Has NOBODY on 4chan ever heard of Google?

Google "How To Mow A Lawn" and get a dozen sites with instructions.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.