[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My girlfriend has depression and takes it out on me by being

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20160609_080408.jpg (459KB, 1152x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160609_080408.jpg
459KB, 1152x2048px
My girlfriend has depression and takes it out on me by being very controlling and bossy. This is compounded by the fact that she really only has four friends, who all live in different parts of the country, so I'm basically all she talks to besides family. She's starting the smother me.

Worse, we only have sex once every few months. It hurts her, which kills my sex drive, so I'm not even turned on anymore.

The thing is that the holidays are coming up. She also told me that her suicide isn't so much an "if" as a "when". She sees a therapist and takes meds, but she's adamant about the suicide thing, and says it's not fair for her to tough it out just because it would make her parents sad.

I've been patient with a lot of this for two years, but I'm reaching my limit and I'm not happy. But I'm afraid of what she'd do if I broke up with her. Not because I'm some great person or some shit, but because of everything else she has going on.

How do you break up with someone who's clinically depressed?
>>
You just break up with them. There's no easy way to do it. She is holding her suicide over your head to get you to stay, people in relationships often use guilt to get their partner to stay. My mother did it to me for years after I left her as a kid. Still does it. She is an alcoholic and has never had her life together, and she still implies that I'm to blame for her situation and that I've never loved her. You need to learn to live your life withot feeling guilty for a person you obviously did all you could to help. It's really hard but it's the only way you will be happy. You get away from it and each day becomes better.
>>
>>17792839
If she's depressed even though she is in a relationship and loves you, than you really aren't trying hard enough to make her feel better.
>>
>>17792839
she wont do it
>>
>>17792839

mostly by dropping them off at their family. talk to them beforehand if you can, even if its just earlier in that day, and ask for their discretion because she is very fragile, but she cant bring you down anymore and you need to move on.

then just pick her up, drop her off at her parents and say you gotta break up.

bonus points: have a friend with you who insists you need to leave so you dont get stuck arguing for 6 hours.
>>
>>17792839
Just drop her, anon. If she does kill herself it won't be your fault, anyway, so be free to move on.
>>
>>17792839
>How do you break up with someone who's clinically depressed?
Honestly, you don't. At least, if you do, there's a decent risk she's actually gonna off herself.

If you can live with that, go ahead.
>>
>>17792839
you leave shes dead from suicide or you leave and shes also dead mentally either way you make a corpse or a zombie
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.