[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gay conversion possible or am i just fucked in the head?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: images.png (222B, 180x119px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
222B, 180x119px
I've been pretty depressed for a while, and my attraction and guilt from what i've been doing hasn't really helped at all. And I think it's mostly due to that. It doesn't help with being incredibly insecure about looking feminine.

Is conversion just a joke or does it work? Sexuality is supposed to be pretty fluid right?

or am i stuck
>>
Conversion always regresses

It's a sham

Talk to a therapist and you probably need to come out to ppl to feel the way you want to feel
>>
>>17792171

i don't know if i'd be comfortable with that
>>
>>17792165

It sucks you even considered it. They do terrible shit to people, in some cases literally making you nauseous or electrically shocking you while exposing you to homosexual material. It makes people already distressed, like yourself, much more prone to suicide or depression. Like other anon said, you'd "regress" anyway, the shit doesnt work.

It takes a lot of people a long time to be okay with their sexuality. You dont have to out yourself all at once, you dont have to out yourself at all. Just take things in small stages, it honestly feels better accepting yourself than hating yourself, but its a process that takes time. Not sure what your current living situation is. That has a big effect also.
>>
>>17792165
Human sexuality is fluid so it is possible to alter your preferences. You just have to find the right triggers to pull.

I doubt most conversion therapy is based on real science though it's probably got to be way more tailored to each person rather than just zapping people.
>>
>>17792229
You'd rather be beaten and electrocuted than /talk/ to someone? Jesus fuck man.
>>
Anon. If you have a dick, and balls, your body was designed to perform a masculine role. Just stop focusing so much on what you THINK you should be, and realize that you are BORN purpose...not born looking for purpose. You are designed with purpose, with intent. Those who tell you they were "born gay" are full of shit, people are born people, nothing more.

You cannot allow that cowardly way of life to consume you, as it consumes so many. Being gay isn't something to "want to be", it's something only a degenerate would agree is normal.

Think about this for a moment. If I pointed out any man on the street and asked him what he thought about going to jail and getting fucked by inmates(?) What do you think the average response would be? Most guys would say, fuck that, fuck you. Probably 90-95% of them.

And of course I'm using an extreme example, but it's an example that poses the question in the most blunt way possible, "what do you think about a dick in your ass?" Guarantee most ppl will respond negatively. I may even get my ass beat for asking the question.

Society has given fags a pass, but not because they themselves truly approve of it, but because you don't matter to the rest of us in any direct sense.

That doesn't mean it isn't call for concern. Being gay has consequences. Depression, vulnerability, attention seeking, needing approval, potential to catch AIDS and anal cancer. Your body is literally fucked into thinking like a woman.

Try your best uo understand this in a good light, wouldn't be typing it all if it didn't mean I cared in some way.
>>
>>17792798
Hi Mike
>>
>>17792165
Actual psychologist here.

We do not have an effective modality for conversion therapy and we won't have one anytime soon. Pretty much all of the important western organizations have declared it to be intrinsically unethical so no legitimate clinicians are doing research. The only people in the game are, essentially, faith healers.

What conversion therapy we do ave doesn't work because virtually every modality that has been attempted is some combination of prayer, behavioral modification, and shaming. Behavioral modification doesn't work because sexuality, except in a very small percentage of fetishes and the like, isn't behaviorally rooted. I don't want to knock prayer, but its not an effective intervention in my experience. Shaming might get you to stop having sex with people of the same gender, but its not going to make you enjoy sex with the opposite gender.

Are we all pretty much bisexual? Yeah, but a lot of process has gone into building your preferences. If you wanted to change your preferences your only real shot would be looking into long-term psychoanalysis, preferably from a Lacanian or traditional Freudian clinician, but even thats not guarantee. You might end up unravelling the ball, but you're just as likely to keep it as is.
>>
>>17792690
>though it's probably got to be way more tailored to each person rather than just zapping people.

You would think so, but no. You might throw in some forced masturbation to the "right" kind of stimuli, a prayer circle, and a pitch about biological imperatives, but at the core you're still talking about patent medicine. This isn't something designed by experts, its people with master's degrees from for profit institutions doing something for their deity.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.