[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

need girl advice, please.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: picture.jpg (131KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
picture.jpg
131KB, 500x707px
I've probably posted on /adv/ 3 or 4 times in the last week about the same girl. I can't fucking wrap my head around how to think about her and it's really annoying at this point.

Anyway, she's my manager (she's 26, I'm 23) and gives off weird signals. I can't tell if she's actually interested in me, or if I'm just really full of myself and am reading things wrong.

Ok, well first, this is part of the reason I'm not sure about anything is that she's really friendly in general and is nice to just about everyone there, but to me she's said a few things that go a bit further than what she says to anyone else.

Once, she threatened me with a knife, asking how scared I'd be if she put it to my neck. Then a few days later, two of my coworkers who are dating were arguing and she was talking to me about how funny they are, and then asked "don't you think it'd be fun to work with someone you're dating?"

The other day I was in an off mood (hungover and I smoked weed before going in) and she said "hey anon :)" to me when I got to work. I didn't really respond and a bit later she said "hey anon :) hows your day going?"

Lately she's been talking to me about just random shit when before I had to start our conversations, but I'm pretty bad at carrying a conversation, but now she'll try to carry them even though I usually give brief responses

Also, she seems angry at me all the time. Yesterday she got mad at me for flipping the lights on and off saying "stop you're gonna give everyone a seizure" then pushed my hand. Then, after that, I was going kinda slow at work and she said "youd better hurry or I'm gonna beat you up"

I don't even have her phone number despite us working together for a while, so she might not be into me. I want to stop thinking about her, but at the same time if I ask her out and she says no then id need to see her every day

Please respond :(
>>
Just ask her out for a drink after work, if she says no then she said no, just live with it.
Do you want to live forever in maybeland?
>>
OP, that's a reasonable thing to worry about, thankfully I am here to help.

You are thinking about jumping face first into cold water, you need to get your feet wet first.

Before asking her out, scope out the situation...flirt with her a little, find out if she has a boyfriend, anything that will give you ammunition so you can properly go for the kill.
>>
>>17791185
kind of, I've been here all my life.

I read this thing that hunter thompson wrote, saying "those who wait will fall victim of circumstance" and I feel like that's whats gonna happen.

Every time I get close to actually asking her out, or an actual chance pops up, I just freeze. On most days, when I'm not thinking about any of that, I'm really comfortable around her.

But on days where I'm thinking "should I ask her out? should I do this?" I fall into a rabbit hole of "what ifs?" and just don't do anything.

I feel like all of this would be much easier if I just turned off my brain for a bit.
>>
>>17791196
>Before asking her out, scope out the situation...flirt with her a little, find out if she has a boyfriend, anything that will give you ammunition so you can properly go for the kill.
She doesn't have a boyfriend (hasn't told me directly, but a few weeks ago she was complaining about her ex boyfriend calling her)

I think we flirt, but I never know if I'm actually flirting or coming off as cringey or autistic since a majority of me interacting with people is when I'm hanging out with my band, and all we do is get drunk, play music, and talk about other bands.

I'm not very social, so anything social is just alien to me. Like, I'm not uncomfortable talking to others, I just feel like I'm gonna say something stupid all the time.
>>
>>17791201
Look man, I've been where you are right now before, I was used to this horrible loop of "but what if?"
It is horrible, I know, and that is why now that I have a greater confidence in myself, I can tell you, just do it man, just ask her out for a drink, if you are not the drinking type, a coffee will do, she is clearly comfortable around you, you don't have to torture yourself so much.
This isn't some life changing decision, it is just a drink with a colleague, and if both of you feel comfortable it can be something else, it won't ruin your life if she says no.
>>
>>17791214
>I think we flirt, but I never know if I'm actually flirting or coming off as cringey or autistic
You are literally me.
Also, what determines that is how attractive you are.
>>
>>17791214

Okay, sounds good.

What you need to do is have a game plan, and offer her to join in.

>end of shift

I'm going to go grab something to eat, I'm fucking hungry, what about you?

If she says she's also hungry, that's your meal ticket. If she says she's ok/tired/whatever, bail out.
>>
>>17791215
>I can tell you, just do it man, just ask her out for a drink, if you are not the drinking type, a coffee will do, she is clearly comfortable around you, you don't have to torture yourself so much.
I try telling myself stuff like that, but as soon as I get to the point of asking her out, every bit of confidence disappears. Like, the only way of me asking anyone out is if I didn't give it any prior thought. As soon as I think about it, I'm fucked.

>>17791225
>You are literally me.
>Also, what determines that is how attractive you are.
It's the worst. I'm not sure about how attractive I am. I've never really asked anyone in person "hey, how hot am I?" but I've posted on /soc/ rate threads and got 5-7 for the most part. I don't really put too much weight into that since it's strangers looking at one picture of me.

>>17791237
>I'm going to go grab something to eat, I'm fucking hungry, what about you?
>If she says she's also hungry, that's your meal ticket. If she says she's ok/tired/whatever, bail out.
I've thought about that like every time we've worked together. Usually I end up going to the bar alone since I've never asked her to go with me...

Like, I've even overheard conversations she was having with other coworkers. I'm not sure exactly what was said, but she said my name. Idk.
>>
on friday should i ask her how her thanksgiving was? what if she thinks i'm being too pushy?

how do I stop myself from being self-destructive with potential relationships? could it be that i subconsciously don't want myself to be happy?
>>
>>17791179

Honestly?

From what you're describing it kind of sounds like you're horrifically autistic and don't know a playful girl when you see one.

Everything you've described has been pretty innocuous interactions that could literally happen between any two people who are forced to share a work space together. Nothing you said gave me the overt feeling that she was hitting on you AT all.

I mean, the only time she made purposeful physical contact was to stop you from flipping the lights on and off like a little kid.

Just do your job. Don't bother trying to ask this girl out, not only because it sounds like she has no interest in you but its just going to make working really weird and uncomfortable.
>>
Don't shit where you eat
>>
>>17791349
>I mean, the only time she made purposeful physical contact was to stop you from flipping the lights on and off like a little kid.
she's touched my shoulders/arms while talking to me, but that happens on an almost daily basis so i didn't mention it in the first post since i only wanted to mention weird things that stood out.

also i was flipping the lights on and off because i accidentally took an ecstasy pill instead of xanax before going to work.

>>17791464
What does that mean? Do you think she's into poop stuff? I don't want her to take a dump on me or that whole two girls one cup thing...
>>
>>17791478
bruh you need to stop doing drugs before work lol
>>
At the end of a good day just invite her out to go do something, light and non serious and she if she wants to come with you, don't make it sound like a date just to go with someone, if she says yes is receptive, and things feel right make a move. To so this you must be prepared to take her rejection on stride and don't be butt blasted about it at work, be proffesional.
>>
>>17791179
Be sarcastic back and see if she's serious or just joking and if she is just say sorry.
Tldr: be an onery shit head
>>
>>17791464
>Don't shit where you eat

This, I didn't listen to this against my better judgement now I see my ex at work all the time.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.