[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/ this is my first time posting here, I am in dire need

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: s002795073-300.jpg (37KB, 770x513px) Image search: [Google]
s002795073-300.jpg
37KB, 770x513px
Hey /adv/ this is my first time posting here, I am in dire need of help.
My mum was diagnosed with a brain tumor about 3 weeks ago after having a stroke at work, we are going in tomorrow to know whether or not it is cancerous or benign , because of where it's placed in her brain she WILL need chemo/radiation therapy . She is emotionally a wreck and the loss of her hair will make her miserable.

I need ideas in order to help her with boredom for the weeks she will only be sitting around with nothing to do. She can't move around well because half of her body is weak from the stroke and breaking bad is only doing so much for her. She likes to read and i bought her a coloring book but I really need ideas on what to do for her to help with the boredom and to take her mind off of all of this.
Thank-you.
>>
Psp vita
Adult colouring book
Online course
Phone games
Puzzles
Crosswords
4chan
Writing poems or songs
Making a bucket list
Hope that helps
>>
>>17790801
You bought your mother a colouring book? Why are you treating her like a child? Ask her some of her preferred genre's and get some stuff in that category, and as a side note perhaps you could read it along with her? It would give her somebody to talk to about it, which is almost as enjoyable as actually reading a book series.
>>
>>17790812
Coloring book might be useful because it requires precise hand movements that might be affected after a stroke, so it's not a bad idea at all.
>>
>>17790812
There are adult coloring books you can get, and she had one before that was summer themed that she enjoyed so I got her a winter one
>>
>>17790804
Thank you I appreciate it, she is old fashion and barely uses her flip phone let alone any kind of vidya . the bucket list is a fun idea
>>
>>17791033
Pot and music. Also realize this happened because she didn't take care of herself and what you can really do for her is take care of yourself like she didn't and care for others who can't protect themselves. There are larger forces at work here. If you do these things she will absolutely become healthy and she doesn't need chemo. Chemo is systematic incineration and doesnt help people.
>>
>>17791046
Fucking disrespectful nutjob
>>
If she like my mum, give her some books
She'll read up a storm.
Find out an author she likes and buy a shit ton (my mum love Stephen King for example)
I'm sure she has an author she likes

But the MOST important thing. Now you listen
Be calm around her.
She NEEDS you. Once upon a time she wiped your shitty ass.
Now it's time to return the favour.
Whenever your around her. Love her and be kind and be caring. But never for a moment look worried Everything's just going to be OK.
And see her as often as possible.

It's time to give back. Tell her everytime you see her that you love.
You are the most important person in her life.
No matter how her emotions make her feel, you need to be her rock.
Just exude love and acceptance
>>
>>17791410
Thank you.
>>
Be there for her as much as you can. I have gone through this with my father via the VA. I learned Drs are quick to drop the cancer bomb word. She may NOT even have it. In my dads case we went a year thinking he had brain cancer till he was sent to MD Anderson. In a few hours they confirmed he had a brain infection not brain cancer. But neglect of the infection did severe damage to him and he's reduced to shit now. He's alive but really fucked up for life. Most of these Doctors are a joke. I would quickly be fired for any wrong diagnosis in my tech field. If at all possible get her to MD Anderson in Houston. They really do, "Make cancer history."
>>
>>17791033
Help move her out of the room. Put in wheelchair and go around, talk, so she isn't laying there all the time.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.