[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Offering Advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: rain princess.jpg (134KB, 668x667px) Image search: [Google]
rain princess.jpg
134KB, 668x667px
49 year old male
Married 24+ years
5 sons
I've owned my own business (some worked, some failed)
I've worked for other people
My youngest is very young, my oldest out of college.
AMA/offering advice
>>
Better to apply for a job at Home Depot / ups / Amazon or get one through a temp agency?
>>
>>17789804
blatant self-bump
>>
>>17789804
Hi from /r9k/!

What is your wife like? Are you happy with her? Have you ever cheated?
>>
>>17789818
try both and take the one that hits first/better pay.
Temp agencies can sometimes lead to better positions
-you do well on an assignment and there are no complaints
-they start pushing you for higher-prestige/pay positions
The others might be more stable.
So - win/win, try both
>>
>>17789820
My wife is bulletproof.
Teen hottie when we met, transitioned into MILF smoothly.
She cooks, knits, sews, etc., has a STEM degree, homeschools the kids, and is great.
I am very happy. All relationships have growth and change, and neither of us is perfect, but by being focused on never splitting/divorcing it was fairly easy to get through mistakes and such.
No, I've never cheated. About 6 months into the marriage a girl I had pursued basically offered a fling and I refused because of what I might lose (a family!). After that I haven't even thought about it unless asked
>>
I'm dating a girl who I feel isn't right for me. In the beginning she stopped prioritizing me for her friend and the new fun guys the friend brought into the picture. When the fun ended she came back and I'm suddenly the best guy she's dated blah blah. So while I'm fucking her I just don't have that connection other than sex while she's supposedly falling in love. She also didn't want kids until I said that I did and now she's "changing her mind" about it. Red flags galore right?

The question part is that I'm more attracted to her friend now, which I had a feeling she liked me while the gf and I weren't talking but was too shy. I didn't go after her due to some sense of loyalty and thinking it could work out better the second time with the gf. Now she's in a relationship with a divorced guy. Should I be feeling like I missed out on something good while chasing something bad
>>
>>17789837
Girl #2 (dating divorced guy) is a phantom - you never had anything with her, so there is nothing to miss except potential.
If you feel girl #1 is manipulative and dismissive yes - very kindly move on, but be firm; manipulators will do everything from rage to tears to get their toy back.
Once that is over then see what girl #2 does....
>>
>>17789804

What do you think was the biggest hurdle in your 25+ year relationship? Did you guys ever break up or have a break and come back to each other?

I'm asking because I am recently out of my first serious relationship which lasted roughly 3.5 years, we are currently broken up and the reasons are still a little confusing for me, she was always an honest person but the break up has got me questioning a lot of things like the love that we had for each other. We separated amicably and before I forced no contact between us she made sure to say several times that she only wants me and hopes and see's us coming back to each other in the future. The way it all played out makes it much harder to move on because I still hold hope that that will happen one day...
>>
>>17789833
That's great. Sounds like you have a lot to be proud of. I'm happy for you.
>>
>>17789804
Hey, happy to see you're still around here, I really like your threads.
So my question, have you ever gotten to the point where both of you and your wife had an argument about some important topic, and couldn't agree on? If yes, how did you settle this issue?
And either way, what made you think "damn, I wanna marry this girl"?
>>
>>17789859
Sorry for the delay
Dealing with the impact of 3+ kids under the age of 6 was a huge adjustment. Less time for ourselves, less time for each other, and less sex.
We realized we had to be more organized about our routine and more inventive about our sex lives and we powered through.
In the end we were much better off.
As for this girl, try telling her exactly what you just wrote - see if there is anything there.
What is there to lose?
>>
>>17789869
Thank you

>>17789882
Thank you, too!
Once - it was about me returning to school to finish my BA. She thought it was critical, I was meh. After 2 weeks of 'no pasaran' we agreed to let it go for 5 months (the beginning of the next enrollment period) and revisit it.
Well, 3 months later I missed out on a promotion because I didn't have my BA and wasn't in the process of getting one....
I have my BA now.
In general if we don't agree we let it go for a while and revisit it later. But the REALLY big things like 'Kids?' and 'homeschooling?' - we are always sympatico
It was, very literally, love at first sight for both of us.
I met her on a blind date, did a double date with the couple that introduced us, and went home. That night she wrote in her journal 'I met my husband' and I told my roomie 'I'm marrying her'.
>>
>>17789804
off to lunch
>>
>>17789895

You're right, but I am the reason we currently have no contact, because I want her to see that she can't have it both ways, I fear reaching out to her will make me appear weak and desperate after staying strong this whole time. I'm selfish in that I want her to be the reason we get back together instead of me having to ask her as it was her issues that drove us in our decision to end things for now. It's a strange spot I'm in, it's limbo but I can't really do anything about it as I don't think I would truly be happy getting back together if I was the reason it happened.
>>
>>17789804
How do I enjoy life when I have lifelong social anxiety and executive function issues but strong analytical skills? I've made a bunch of money in tech but I keep losing jobs over office politics, my house and schedule are a mess, and I haven't had a girlfriend since college.
>>
>>17789804
Dude I need /adv/
>Work Monday - Thursday
>Make $12.25/ hr
>Exhausted
>Forced to work because bills
>Living out of hotel room for 6 months
>Applying to every apartment complex I can find
>"Sorry anon, you need to be making at least 3x the rent to stay here"
>Rotting daily in fucking one room hotel and stuck there with 4 other people
>>
>>17789804
I don't know if you're back, but was there a point in your life where you felt like you couldn't go on anymore? If there was, how did you deal with it? I have made no plans for my future because I simply don't think I will be able to cope that long, with how I feel now.

Does it get better? Sadly I think I already know the answer to this.
>>
File: op fam.jpg (102KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
op fam.jpg
102KB, 720x720px
>>17789833
>Teen hottie when we met, transitioned into MILF smoothly.

Is like I'm listening to Blaha all over again.

pics or gtfo
>>
I work in a startup with my childhood friend and a group of guys. I constantly get shit because I'm a virgin and older than them. what bothers me so much is not that they do this but that I realized how much I seriously do not find the idea of a casual relationship with sex appealing.
I don't want to fuck random women, at all. The thought of it makes me sick and it feels empty. I can't stomach the chance of knocking some girl I don't love up either. Sure, if I could just go at it and then have her disappear I would love that but that isn't how it works.
She isn't just a sex toy. It's a fucking person with opinions, standards and expectations. I have too much respect for myself and the woman I would do it with to just throw caution to the wind.
I can understand why my view on sex is not popular but it make the most sense to me.
Do I sound naive?
>>
>>17790359

How do pics prove to you his subjective opinion on the woman he loves? Every girl I have ever been in love with was a 10/10 to me, you see their flaws but you actually love them more for it, of course he is going to think the same.
>>
>>17790289
there are opportunities all around you
just make it happen
we can't use craigslist for you
>>
My boss makes me super anxious and makes me hate going to work. I wake up every day dreading it and can't even enjoy my time off. Should I quit? I moved cities for this job and it'll be hard to find a new one since I won't be able to use them as a reference.
>>
>>17791114
>Sure, if I could just go at it and then have her disappear I would love that but that isn't how it works.
That's what hookers are for.
>She isn't just a sex toy. It's a fucking person with opinions, standards and expectations. I have too much respect for myself and the woman I would do it with to just throw caution to the wind.
Sometimes they are just aroused and want attention. Other times they want a serious relationship. Sounds like you prefer interacting with with the latter. Nothing wrong with that.
>Do I sound naive?
No. You just have a preference for long-term relationships instead of casual sex. I don't like one-night-stands either. It's a preference. Just like liking women of a particular ethnicity or body type or a particular type of activity to do.
>>
>>17791593
>My boss makes me super anxious and makes me hate going to work. I wake up every day dreading it and can't even enjoy my time off. Should I quit?
This is true for most people. Sounds like your job gives you anxiety. Try propranolol. Also stay for at least a year before moving to a different company.
>>
>>17791593
What does he do to make you anxious?
>>
>>17791572
Just sublet a room instead of an entire apartment. Sublets very rarely have income requirements.
>>
OP please help, I am pretty sure my boss is in her office crying right now. I tried to google whether you're supposed to comfort your crying boss or not, but all the results are for employees crying.

Am I supposed to comfort her? Should I not mention it? I need an adult. I think the company is going to be liquidated, probably part of why she must be upset.

Very important OP please respond.
>>
>>17791885
pls. anybody. help. i want to do the right thing. and also she is really hot, so i wouldn't mind getting close to her.

SEND HELP, BOSS IS CRYING. DO I COMFORT HER, YES/NO :(
>>
>>17791917
nvm she left in a hurry. crisis averted. she was wearing sunglasses (it's not sunny). i assume to hide the messed up make-up.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.