[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Differences

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1702_2.jpg (726KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1702_2.jpg
726KB, 3264x2448px
hey /adv/

My boyfriend of 6 years is more conservative, I'm a liberal. For years this hasn't been big deal for either of us. However, recently he's been spouting out opinions that go way beyond just being conservative opinion and go into "what the fuck" territory:

He believes

--If a woman gets pregnant she should be forced to give birth and raise the child as punishment for being a whore
--If a gay kid comes out to their parents and they send him to gay camp, he deserves it because he chose to come out
--that emotions are flaws and should be corrected
--Anything you feel is your fault (including emotional abuse)
--Men who get aids should not be allowed treatment because they knew the consequences when they had sex
--suppressing your feelings is a good thing and that "being yourself" is selfish

All of these views are under his thought of "everyone should be accountable for their actions." I agree with personal accountability but these just seem way off and frankly disturbing. Since I really do care about him I've been kind of ignoring these opinions since everything else in our relationship is okay. However, sometimes he'll bring them up and I'll get angry all over again.

All of these opinions have been coming out over the last few months and I'm disgusted. I tell him that his opinions are so out of line with mine and extreme, but he gets defensive and says "I respect your opinions, why can't you respect mine." He goes on to say that "they're just my opinions, they shouldn't matter. What matters is how I treat you." And it's true...he treats me nice and we get along. It's just these opinions that are alarming to me. Am I hung up on ideals?

Tell me /adv/. Are his views really as extreme as I think? Should I just respect his opinions and keep quiet? What do you think of this situation? Thanks.
>>
can you stay with that for another year, 3 years, marry him?

I think you know, good luck
>>
>>17788367
>Are his views really as extreme as I think?
If only that. They are simply fucking retarded and disconnected from reality.

> What matters is how I treat you.
This is true but so far you probably never were in a situation where he could act on his views.

>Should I just respect his opinions and keep quiet?
Should you respect the opinion of somebody who thinks that gravity is reptilian people propaganda? Fuck no. You can mostly avoid discussing that shit for now but if you're somehow serious about the relationship and even consider getting married and having kids together, his views will become a major problem.
>>
>>17788367
He sounds like some normie who has seen to many memes as of late.

If a women is pregnant she should have it, but not be forced to raise it.
Being gay isn't wrong
We as society are being overly sensitive to everything. He seems to think that he can change it by going full autismo.
While somewhat true, it also sends up the "I'm a sociopath" red flag
Anyone sick for anything should be able to pursue treatment, just don't force others to pay for it.
Being outright emotional isn't always the best way to go about things, but don't just bottle them up forever. Use common sense and know where and when to "release" your feelings.

He sounds like a edgelord/sociopath who is showing his new colors because of memes and shit he has read online.
>>
>>17788367

How egregious are his beliefs to what yours are?

Because if you think they're disgusting, then sooner or later, this is going to become a problem.

I'm a fiscally conservative, registered republican.

My girlfriend is the type of liberal that literally cried when Trump won. She was raised in a family that thinks Republicans are the devil (or some dumb shit)

We get along because as different as a lot of our political views are, we respect that we each have our own valid places that we're coming from.

As dumb as I think some of the things she believes in (like astrology... I roll my eyes every time she mentions how compatible two people are because of their star signs), I understand that she believes what she believes, and that's part of what makes her who she is. And honestly it doesn't really directly contradict what I believe, it's just different.

There are however some things that I know are hard lines. For example, she's heavily pro choice. If I was vocally in the opposite camp, instant deal breaker.
On my end, I know if she was racist in any way, I'd instantly have a problem with her and wold not respect her as a person, so I couldn't be with her.

Figure out what your hard lines are. There are places you can compromise and places you cannot.
>>
If you're not planning on having children, have fun.
Otherwise be prepared to fight constantly when he tries to instill those retarded ideas onto your impressionable children.

Oh and treating you nice isn't the only thing that matters in a relationship. There's hundreds of guys who can treat you nice. I'm not gonna tell you to throw away a 6 year long relationship just because you disagree on some things, but if you've really lost respect for him, I will say personality conflicts are a perfectly valid to end such a relationship and you shouldn't fall for the sunken cost fallacy and stick around just because you're used to it.
>>
File: 3x311.jpg (10KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
3x311.jpg
10KB, 400x300px
>>
>>17788367

> Are his views really as extreme as I think?
>--Anything you feel is your fault (including emotional abuse)

There are those who are conservative fiscally and socially. He isnt one. He is sincerely lacking in intelligence and i would get out of that relationship asap because it is very obvious he can not provide a healthy/safe relationship environment for you let alone kids.

>--Men who get aids should not be allowed treatment because they knew the consequences when they had sex
--suppressing your feelings is a good thing and that "being yourself" is selfish

Low key i pity the guy for by embracing seriously harmful and outright incorrect thinking. He must have a lot of hate in him. He is going to be a sad and frustrated person for much of his life, dont put yourself through that.

Get out now while you can.
>>
>>17788367
>emotional abuse

He is literally victimizing abusers and supporting their pyschologically harmful behavior.

GTFO
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.