[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I into math? I'm shit at it.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1479826500618.jpg (235KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1479826500618.jpg
235KB, 1536x2048px
How do I into math? I'm shit at it.
>>
>>17787438
What kind of math do you want to learn? Just basic algebra?
>>
Practice more.
>>
khanacademy nigga
>>
>>17787445
Trigonometry, logarithms, functions, limits, asymptote, calculus and some basic algebra aswell
>>
>>17787457
Will that help me considering i'm a total noob and take ages to grasp the easiest concepts?
>>
>>17787468
well then start to review the most advance form of algebra you know. Then take trig. Then you will be ready for precalc and follow that up with single variable calculus. Learning math is pretty straightforward at this level. khan academy is a good place to start.
>>
>>17787468
>>17787490
Do you have friends who know math? I promise you that any math nerd who finds out someone actually likes the subject would be happy to help you out.

Otherwise, just google some resources and use what works best for you. People have been teaching math for decades or more and there's plenty material out there.
>>
Get good books about what you want to learn. These should include problems and their detailed solution. Sadly I can only recommend books in German.

Start with one small thing and stick to it until you fully understand it and are able to solve problems on your own.
Start with an easy problem. Maybe look at a step-by-step solution, uncovering one step after the other and think about what the next step should be. Then try to solve another easy problem on your own and only look up how to go on if you have been stuck for 5 minutes. Gradually move on to more difficult problems.
It will be difficult at first and can be very frustrating. Try to keep it playful (which is a lot easier when there are no deadlines).

There are usually little hacks and tricks to solve problems faster. Look for those.

Practise a lot. Solve as many problems as you can. From time to time, return to old problems and see if you can still do them.

You can get help online, there are websites to discuss problems and their solutions with others. Study with friends if they are interested. Explaining to other people helps, too.

Try not to get caught up in doing some math magic where you lack all the requirements. Start where you left off and work your way up to what you want to understand.
>>
>>17787544
Good advice there! Thank you mate!
The problem is that I enrolled into uni and math is pretty important here.It's still basic stuff, nothing really hard but for me even basic algebra is tricky. I was doing good by myself, keeping it on the playful side while being chill until they've told us we'd have a test next month. Since math is my weakest spot, i am afraid i wont make it in a month and have to cheat on the test. If i wont pass that test shit will happen (oral exam), i just really hope i will have the opportunity of cheating and i hate cheating a lot!
>>
Practice, practice, practice. It might also be that you're shitty at learning from reading, and need to learn from hearing. There are many video courses available online about all kinds of subjects, math included.

Sometimes they want you to pay for courses, which can be all find and dandy when you actually have money, but as it's the internet it's always possible to get things without paying for them.

I'd recommend trying out the course "Secrets of Mental Math" by Arthur T. Benjamin.
It provides a lot of interesting, unorthodox concepts, which would of course be something bad to "crutch on" for doing more advanced math, but some of the concepts are killer for day to day math. And day to day math is something that you ought to practice instead of pulling out a calculator to do simple math, like most people today.
>>
The thing about math is that it's less about the mechanics and more about the mindset. Math is almost more of a philosophy than a science - if you treat it like you're a computer, you'll do pretty well. That isn't something everyone can do, though. If there's anything in particular you're struggling with, ask about it here and a few of us can help. (I do some math tutoring as a side job)

>> 17787490
Yup, Khan is great. He turned a math lesson for his cousin into a giant online academy completely accidentally, because he did it that well.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.