[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I run away from my home?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: ©Pierre Lucianaz - IMG_0243.jpg (2MB, 3600x2400px) Image search: [Google]
©Pierre Lucianaz - IMG_0243.jpg
2MB, 3600x2400px
20 year old italian guy with the dream of being a pro skier, I've spent my whole life with my dad treating me like his slave, my opinion never counted shit for him, not even for my life choices, because he already decided that I have to follow his steps and work for him for the rest of my life. I never tried to do anything about it because he's got money while I'm broke af and whenever he felt like I was being a bit too indipented he either kicked me out of the house for a bunch of days or threaten to throw away all my skiing stuff (which he didn't even paid for because sponsors gave them to me).
My girlfriend from Canada said that I should run away, get a working visa and stay at her place.
My fear is that I won't be able to earn enough money to keep following my dream of being a pro skier or just to afford a season pass to keep skiing.
Should I do it? Or should I suck it up untill he dies?
>>
If she is offering to let her stay with you is she offering to help you find a job? If you can have a guaranteed job or have job skills that can be useful over there that is a good start. If she os offering her place that would be nice. If not, ask if there are local places to rent that are cheap. Do you have any money or savings at all that are in the thousands? Would you risk having your dad not talk to you for months or years out if pride? If he wouldn't contact you,would you initiate contact? I'd bet if you pull it off, he would at least at some point begrudgingly respect you making it on your own. Usually family wants what they see us best for you. He may see this as a hobby not your life's ambition. If you go and don't make any progress in your dream if a pro career, do you think you'd go back home? Not staying with him unless desperate. Is there any way to stay with a friend in Italy and get a job with that friend or with one of their family members? Just so you earn money and pursue your dream too. Good luck!
>>
>>17786540
Skiing in Canada? Not gunna make it, those kids are trust fund babies spending weekends at 5 star resorts blowing up their parents bank account. Let alone the off season training without having to stress over this thing you call a job.
>>
>>17786578
Cause I'm bored I looked into it. About $1400 for a helicopter lift per day. $100 for food. $600 for a weekend at the mountain resort hotel. Maybe $400 cash on hand in case. Probably close to $2500 a month for a personal trainer. Maybe $150 for the membership. And probably an additional $3000 for competition fees for the season.
>>
>>17786540

I've worked in the freestyle industry for years. There are only a handful of pros that make enough money to fund their skiing. Most of the well known pros barely make anything from sponsors. The pros who sacrifice themselves putting out edits and segments all the time don't make nearly as much as those who do competition. And in my opinion, competition kills the life out of freestyle skiing. It's called freestyle skiing for a reason. When competition dictates that you have to have poles and do doubles, it takes away your freedom. Henrik Harlaut is an outlier. The guy has crazy style, does what he wants and still does well in competition.

But if competition is your thing, go for it. The only path to the big stages are by doing well in other competitions. The guys who scout for new skiers don't give a fuck about your edits, they look at how well you did in previous competitions.

And of course, like somebody else said, most of the pros come from rich families who can fund their passion. But that shouldn't stop you from pursuing what you love.
>>
>>17786540
Why would you want to be a pro skiier?

A carrer should be a field you can advance in and make a solid dependable living for yourseld and one day a family.
>>
>>17786714
I'd rather film than compete and I would be fine with just having enough to survive till the next season. And yes you're right, Dollo is crazy!
>>
>>17786728
Well the point is that it's not a real career, it's a passion, so if you can go pro you won't have to work a single day in your life because your job is to do what you love
>>
>>17786834
Lol

'If you can go pro' yeah that is a huge if.

Why not do your passion as hobby and be secure with a job that you know won't let you down?
>>
>>17786870
Because a secure life is boring
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.