[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, recovering meth addict here. I quit January 15th and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: meth.jpg (30KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
meth.jpg
30KB, 480x360px
Hey guys, recovering meth addict here.
I quit January 15th and relapsed in September. I considered it a slip at first, but now I'll say it's a relapse. I've had to call into work 5 times in the past 3 weeks because I was too fucking high to go in.

I need help /adv/ but I can't afford to go to rehab. Any other suggestions?
>>
Can you afford not to go to rehab?
>>
>>17786477
That's a really good point, but the thing is if I go to rehab I think I would lose my job; my attendance is complete shit now.
>>
>>17786482
You'll lose your job if you keep getting high
>>
>>17786486
Yeah. Meth has a way of tricking you into thinking everything is okay. I fall for it everytime. The sad thing is I'm actually a very logical person in terms of everything else.
>>
>>17786476
That sounds pretty bad.
My advice is to stop smoking meth.
>>
Go to rehab
>>
>>17786476
I work with reunifying children to their parents, 80% of time it's because the parents are on meth. Not sure what your kid situation is, but if you have em you'll lose em
>>
Who decides to try meth recreationally. This always boggled my mind

Like heroin, Who tries that even once?
>>
>>17787036
start working a fast food job, then you'll understand
>>
>>17787045
No
I understand drinking or smoking weed when working a fast food job. Doing meth is retarded.
>>
>>17787060
I've worked fast food when I was younger. An the only thing I did was smoke marijuana after I got off work

I especially never let my marijuana use (at the time, I don't use it anymore) affect my income

You need help man, An your also a piece of shit tweeker FYI
>>
>>17786488
You are not acting logical now, stop the meth if you are financially dependent on your job
>>
>>17787036
idk man i was bored.
>>
File: 1464967704317.jpg (59KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
1464967704317.jpg
59KB, 655x527px
>>17786476
>can't afford to go to rehab
>can afford to keep buying meth
>>
>>17786476
bacon is far more addtive than meth...

the only way for you to truely get off meth is cold turkey. it wont be easy nothing is. and throw yourself into your job, and lose yourself in work. your problem is idle hands most people have things like cars or other stuff they work on instead of twiddling their thumbs between rest and working time.
>>
>>17787727
>meth addict?
>well, just STOP
Good advice anon, you should be a counselor.

With that said, I don't know what you should do. When I got sober (from meth) I had to take some time off of work to sort my head out.
>>
>>17788033
>implying i meant financially
rehab is free lol
>>
>>17788070
I feel like the cause of my relapse was that i had come into 6000 dollars in a bulk payment.
>>
Keep doing meth until it wears down your mind and body into a mobile wreck, at which point you will be galvanized to either stop procrastinating this cancerization of your life, or give up and continue.

By this point, much damage will have been taken.
Either go there, or make a willful decision to stop before then.
Today.
Not tomorrow. Or tomorrow. Or tomorrow. Or tomorrow.
Make a decision today.
Seek people that genuinely love you for support. Dont betray them with relapse after that. And dont betray yourself with choosing to continue it. Remember that you are ALWAYS making choices.
You cant forfeit your responsibility over this fact.
This is your Life, Op.
Please learn to love it. You are not lost, you know where you are and which turns you took to get there. Head back to the good way.
Peace to your mind.
>>
If I were to be in your position, I would move away. A new city or even state(assuming you're form the US). Start fresh. It would be hard, but you can do it. Just stay positive and working out would have a huge impact.

>>17787045
I do just that. I do a lot of farm work as well. You ever tried puling out weeds from a humid carrot field on a hot summer day? Literally feels like you're in a steaming pot.

Never will do heroine I don't even take over the counter meds, but a lot of ignorant co-workers take pain relievers regularly every day.
>>
best support groups for this shit imho op. slower boards with people who can relate to shit you've been and are going through. sure a lot of them are just getting high but you really will find a shit ton of support in these places. you'll definitely get cravings but for me it's worth it for the constant love and support these boards through out.

https://boards.420chan.org/stim/

probably what your looking for exactly but I don't go here often

https://boards.420chan.org/detox/

even though it's detox and a lot of people just trying to past a test or take a break you'll find lots of people trying to break the habit in here as well

https://boards.420chan.org/opi/

here's where I frequent but I found lots of people here have had meth problems aswell

I'm sure you already know about these forums but just thought I'd drop my 2cents. 4chan is a lot quicker and you'll actually get to build relationships there.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.