[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get a job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 2

File: (9)latest.jpg (31KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
(9)latest.jpg
31KB, 400x300px
I'm fat, ugly, uneducated and too old to be looking for something entry level
I figured check the ad part of a papper and i have been doing so every Saturday for a month but 80% of jobs listed are women only and the other 20% I'm not qualified for
The only real thing I found and it was a great opportunity asked for someone handsome so I didn't call
Am I doing something wrong? All the jobs I ever had where through nepotism
>>
help there must be at least one person employed on this site
>>
>>17786492
Where do you live that they're allowed to list jobs as women only or that have appearance requirements on non-shit jobs?

Also, I hope you're not relying solely on the paper. I wasn't even aware companies still advertised jobs in the newspaper. It's all online now. If you haven't tried it yet, search online or canvas the area in person. I got my job by walking through the front door with a resume just when they were looking to fill a position.
>>
Is there no Craigslist for your area? Or the nearest major city to your area? Have you tried with any friends or family friends? Do you have a resume already prepared? I'd ask a friend or to use them as a reference since they would have a different last name, or a family member with a different last name, to be one of the people they can call. Basically bullshit as much as you can on the resume so that it can lead to some job that is close to what you have done without the need for a degree. Good luck on your search!
>>
>>17786499
im checking job listings in the pappers website
i think i may have a better chance looking for some sorth of list than jus walking around hoping to see a for hire sign
>>17786506
there is craigslist but nobody uses it, i live in a major city and im sure there is plenty of jobs, i just have no idea how to find them
>friends and family
i dont have either of those
no resume, i figured i make one when i find at least one job i qualify for
i do have two prior jobs for reference
>>
No experience = No job = No experience = …
Sorry senpai, you'll never get a job.
>>
>>17786536
i have two prior jobs if that counts as experience
>>
>>17786534
>jus walking around hoping to see a for hire sign
Nobody puts up signs for any decent jobs. Just drive around with a big stack of resumes and go into any business you see and ask if they're hiring. Even if they're not, ask if you can leave a resume. Offices, factories, industrial parks, don't rule anything out. Anywhere can be a place you can get your foot in the door, and almost any job is better than nothing.

Do you have any kind of degree? Even an associate's degree can open some doors for you.
>>
>>17786438
when I was in your position I noticed there were a lot of listings on craigslist for security guards, so I went out and got a security guard license. I then sent in an application with two security agencies (securitas and US security) and had a job offer from both within the week.
>>
>>17786534

First, learn how to spell. It's not papper, it's paper.

Second, if you live in a major city, I seriously doubt they "don't use" craigslist, especially compared to the fucking newspaper classifieds. Go to the jobs section.

I'd recommend using Indeed.com, but it sounds like you don't have a degree or anything, so I don't know if that will be effective. The anons talking about canvassing the area for applications is probably your next best bet. Try the mall?
>>
>>17786783
i dont have a car and we dont use craigslist here
i dobut anyone would ever hire me in any posittion that involves interacting with costumers
>>
>>17786438
Ugly? irrelevant, you can get a job.

To old for entry level? Why do you feel you 'deserve' anything other than an entry level position with your qualifications regaurdless of age.

Fat? someone has supported you enough to become fat despite underachievement/unemployment.

>>17786534
No friends or family? yet you say your 2 prior jobs were out of nepotism. That doesn't add up.

No resume? You have a computer and internet access. Google how to do one and type one up.
>>
>>17786802
>Why do you feel you 'deserve' anything
i dont
i feel like they wont hire me because im too old
yes, someone suppoerts me and my fatness
>no friends or amily
thats right, i dont see my family anymore, it has been a year
i can make a resume in ten minutes
>>
>>17786804
hey jackass, you never replied to my comment>>17786757

just do this
>>
>>17786804
Who supports you?

Good so why answer that other anon with 'i dont have a resume' instead of 'im going to write my resume in 10 minutes'

Your main problem is pervasive negativity, your allowing it to 'convince' you of outcomes before you even try them.

Example >>17786792
You don't know yet assume that they would not hire you to interact with people. Stop opting yourself out of options.
>>
>>17786818
there is no craigslist here and security guards here are a scam where big companies hire them and then fire them after a year without paying half their salary
>>17786825
my father
im not negative, i base my wrldview on what surrounds me
if there is lots of unemployment im going to assume its hard
i do assume that, most employees interacting with costumers are women, every single one featured on the online newspper asks fr women, the only exception i can think of is selling tech but i havent seen any job offering about that in the newspaper
>>
>>17786841
Your father supports you yet you have not seen him for a year. How generous.

Hahaha yes im sure your only reacting to the negativity 'all around you' despite being isolated. Its all you buddy, it always has been.

Hardware store or night stocking boxes in any retail store. Stop generalizing.
>>
>>17786855
i dont know why he supports me since i cant read his mind but not seeing each other is for the best
>projecting
ok buddy
i thought about night stocking and i also thought about being the person who picks up the phone and sends you a taxi when you call since its easy and some places let you work at home
but i havent seeen those listed at the paper
>>
>>17786867
Ok so what you want is an 'easy' job?

So what haven't seen them in the paper? Put up your own adds around your neighborhood; dog walking, babysitting, handyman/repair, cooking (your a fatass right, should be good cook)
>>
>>17786890
>dog walking
no thanks
>babysitting
im a man
>handyman/repair
no tools or knowledge
>cooking
im great at cooking (not baking tho) there isnt a demand for it
>>
>>17786894
Lol then you really dont want a job that badly.

When/if your father pulls support, you will find the motivation to get off your ass.
>>
>>17786918
you are probably one of the many 14 year old girls that post in this board pretending to be an dult bcause nobody takes you seriously irl and you think we cant tell out of the sheer stupidity of the things you say
dog walking is for ilegals, it doesnt make enough cash to justify it
nobody is ever going to want a strange man around their kids
i legit cant afford tools
cook jobs are hard to come around
why dont you grow up and experience the world yourself before attempting to advice people struggeling with it
there are a docen relationship threads you could be posting on rght now
>>
>>17786934
Im immigrated to USA from russia. I'm 30, married, and wife is having first child now. I've been self employed since 16, then went back to school at 26 to be paramedic.

Your only wasting your own time making excuses for yourself. Get out there and try.
>>
>>17786947
how many kids do you look after igor?
we both know none of that is true
by the way i have to wait until college starts and i have shit to do i just want extra money because i get too little
plus i do have friends but they cant help me with this because one of them doesnt even have job and the boss of the other hates me
>>
>>17786965
Like i said, when/if your father pulls support you will be motivated.

Interesting so you lied about 'no friends or family' then.

So how old are you? assuming you dont lie about that as well.
>>
>>17786438
You apply for anything and everything. You'll never find a job if you don't atleast apply.
If you aren't sending out atleast 5 resumes a day then you don't want or deserve to work.
Hell I've applied for CEO and masters degree jobs. Do they back? No. But I've never been unemployed since I was 15.
>>
>>17786994
im already pretty motivated because i run out of money and i have to not eat for a couple of days sometimes
plus i would like to see my friends more often
lus you havent offered a single solution, all you have done so far is act like an ass and bloat your own ego wich i dont mind since you are bumping my thread
>lied
i didnt lie, if i said i had friends you would have bugged me about asking for help and then acted like an ass again when i told you they cant help like you did when i claimed mothers dont want to leave their little kids alone with me
why would i tell you? you dont want to help, im either old enough for you to laugh at me and bloat your own ego some more or young enough for you to be condescending treat me like a child
>>
>>17787001
i already did
i applied for every single job opportunity im qualified for
they wont call since those dont exist apparently
>>
>>17787001
are you 16?
>if you want it enough u can make th impossible happen XDXDXD
save it
>>
>>17787011
Did I say "apply for every job you're qualified for" or did I say "apply to anything and everything"?
If you can't be anonymously truthful with a stranger on the internet then I'm now starting to understand your main issue.
>>
>>17787013
>Don't ever even think about reaching for the top shelf because you're too short

Find a stool, you lazy, unmotivated, unemployed fag. The guy who's the current CEO of McDonald's started out cleaning the bathroom floors.
>>
>>17787015
so where do i grow tits?
how do i bullshit my way around no law degree?
because if you can help me with either of those getting one of those jobs wont be a problem at all
>truthful
in wich way have i not been?
>>
>>17787021
yeah, im not looking for a life gola, chances are getting a job will be a lot easier when i get a degree
right now tho i need cash
>lazy, unmotivated
wow i didnt know you could see me through my computer screen..
wait a minute, you are just being biased and projecting a ton of shit on me based on nothing right?
>>
Just to make this clear, you're making excuses. There is no way you live in a major city have applied to everything and got nothing. I once use to act like this, it's not true. You want to say you're trying hard but you've probably put minimal effort into it and didn't get what you wanted. Now you want others to hear your sorrows. Walk in to every place, people have said this, it's different then sending in your resume. Seriously fucking walk around your major city. And if your fatness is a problem fucking work out. Just stop being a whiney baby.
>>
>>17787006
... you are acting like a child. ''If only daddy would give me more money so I wouldnt have to struggle''

>>17787030
Nobody will read what you wrote any diffrently. You are lazy and unmotivated.
>>
im not fucking lazy
i cook my own food instead of eating off the mcdonalds menu
and by cooking i mean i buy a whole chicken, i debone it, i marinate the tights, i make different meals with it
i have active hobbys not anime like drawing
i spent 9 hours yesterday getting everything i needed in order to sign for college and signing up for college even tho i could have done half of it today, i came home and had to take painkillers for my feet
im too fat to do phisycal labour, i have issues with food
im old and inexperienced because i was insecure and depresed and i was sure i would never be able to live like a propper human, i still think that sometimes
>>
>>17787067
i dont want more money from my dad, i could call him right now and ask for more and he would give me more but i dont want to talk to him, i spent days witthout food because i didnt want to speak to him
>you are lazy
already explained im not in the post above
>>
>>17787088
You have enough money for painkillers/medical insurance. Your actually very fortunate.

Why not to loose weight so you dont have to take pain killers? Net money saved would be like having small odd job for play cash.

Plus would also elevate that shitty self esteem.
>>
>>17787118
i had enough money for them once
>why not loose weight
maybe that will be easier when i have more estability
right now attempting to conytrol my weight will result the same way it always end up like depression, negativity, irritability, etc
the food controls my mood in a way i cannot
i took painkillers because i spent 9 hours walking and standing without being able to sit
>shitty self esteem
there is no self esteem
thats why i dont speak with my father
after 20+ years of hearing that im a freak i sometimes wonder that maybe its true
>>
i just realized some of the things i said make no sense
yes im fat because i over eat and yeas i run out of food money and yes i cook at home
thats because the food i make here is unhealthy as fuck those chicken breasts i will fry them and eat with barbecue sauce and the tighs i will marinate and the panfry with a mustard and cream sauce and eat with fries
if i ate healthy i wouldnt run out of money and have to starve for a couple of days
but that still wouldnt be enough money to hang out with my friends
or buy a futon for them to crash
or buy videogames
or a zbrush license
i dont need money to eat even tho an extra buck or two could help i need money to leave my place more often and do more shit
>>
Surf the web to death. Think up places to apply to online like supermarkets. Even sending a message to a CEO of a small company that needs basic things doing might work (cleaning, manual work etc).

Yep nobody uses the paper anymore. The real game is in acquiring skills (educating yourself) and cashing them in where they are needed. But there's also plenty of carpet cleaning companies, paper rounds, DIY type stuff etc that needs doing. You'd think they would be full, but tradesmen are the most unreliable people.
>>
>>17787251
supermarkets mass hire people, they get a thousand applicants and hire 100
i dont think i stand a chance
>>
>>17787265
10% is good odds

Apply to 10 supermarkets you'll get hired fat fuck
>>
File: 2014-07-27_00005.jpg (273KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2014-07-27_00005.jpg
273KB, 1920x1080px
>>17786438
>>
>>17787265
It's busy out there, on the flip side I've probably ignored more than 100 recruiters. Obviously you've got to get involved.
>>
>>17787271
Yeah it's still 10% if I apply to 10 supermarkets genius
And 10%is too high an estimate considering most people aren't fat fucks
>>
>>17787288
I'm in the business world and know the standards (very low).

Here's another idea, because a technical sales person. My company has 50 guys who couldn't upsell a heater to a Eskimo.
>>
As a manager, I don't mind hiring someone even if they aren't tell most pretty or skilled.

But the biggest turn offs for hiring managers are

1. Not staying in the same job field
2.length of employment/number of jobs on application

If you graduated high school and worked at 10 different jobs in 5 years, you will be a shit tier applicant.

(Mind you, if someone is a recent college graduate and they apply for a position unrelated to their field I won't hire them. They expect more money simply because of their degree and they most likely won't stay long)

So tl;Dr the easiest way to get work is to apply to a field in which you have exprience. Specially with no education or training
>>
Are you a fat ugly older gentleman who can read and lift 30 pounds by yourself? Try night stocking at popular retailers.
No customers, no flop sweat piggy boy. If you need money you'll earn it, otherwise continue being a parasitic leech.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.