[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dad and Family Issues

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2174.png (27KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2174.png
27KB, 600x700px
Since i was very young, I've always resented my dad. He's a very angry, opinionated, obsessive person who always has to be right/justified and gets very defensive if you even try to challenge his views. He and I are just two completely different people, and its gotten worse as time has passed. I'm 20 now, and whenever he and I are alone we seldom ever talk. Whenever one of us tries, it just feels so forced and inorganic that we both give up. The only time we really talk for extended periods of time is when we argue, which is quite often. Otherwise, he just barely acknowledges me, and goes about his business, and I do the same. He's done a lot of good for our family, but he's just such an angry, agitated and argumentative person and I just plain don't like him. I hate him actually. I often worry that one day one of our arguments will turn into a very brutal fight with one of us needing medical attention. I don't want it to come to that but I just hate him so much. Even my mom and brother are getting tired of his bullshit.

Speaking of my brother, I've had a history of hitting him from when we were young and even to this day. I don't take pleasure in it and I immediately regret laying my hands on him each time it happens. Its usually a knee-jerk reaction to either him annoying me verbally or physically. It often ruins any good times my family and I are currently having, but I don't know how to stop. I feel terrible, I'd much rather be estranged from my dad than my brother. I just feel like I'm filled with such hate, I need some advice on what I can to.

Anyone out there?
>>
Fuck, are you my brother? I mean he love our mom to death but is eh with me and our dad. Sucks but it's life. I always joke about therapy but seriously think we need it before we fuck eachother up more than we already are anon
>>
>>17785518
Maybe you're right, I'm just so afraid of breaking things beyond repair
>>
>>17785532
Sibling fight but you should honestly find a middle ground with your dad I mean when you have kids and they ask about grandpa and all you have to say about him is negative or flat out nothing because you never took time to know him everyone should know their dad/family legacy imo
>>
Start boxing or some shit. That'll get a lot of the rage out. Then think back with a clear mind.
>>
>>17785466
It seems like you're dealing with your own stubbornness and rage issues. Maybe you picked it up from your dad. It doesn't matter. Since you can only control your own actions, you have to break the cycle if you want things to change.

You can't change your dad. Stop getting frustrated over your inability to. Arguing with him won't change a fucking thing. You're wasting your time and energy. He doesn't want to change, regardless of how toxic his behavior is. He will obviously not listen to reason, so why do you keep trying? That's the definition of insanity. Let it go.

Next time you see a conversation escalating - DROP IT. His problems are not your responsibility and you've proved time and time again that there's no getting through to him. Be the better person, swallow your fucking pride, and let him be "right." You he really isn't. What does it matter. What does proving a petty point do in terms of progress in "setting him straight?"

Jack shit, so knock it off. Stop engaging in his lunacy.

As for your behavior towards your brother, don't let your anger escalate beyond your control. If he's annoying you, tell him to knock it off well before you're completely pissed. If he continues, it's probably because he's trying to get a rise out of you. Ignore him. He'll leave you alone if you don't respond.

srsly
>>
>>17785466
I know someone like that. Lol probably got ass raped, pedophile faggot deserves it.
>>
>>17785466

Sounds like we have the same kind of father, but my the relationship with my brother is good though.

We also argue a lot of and that is freaking exhausting. We could have an argument about anything, he is also very stubborn. I started giving up talking to him, I don't even bother about his attention anymore. Like, how could compliments, gifts or attention mean something when they are from someone who has been such a pain for all those years.

The best thing you've got to do is just to not mind him, especially if he is not open to change his attitude. You'd better use the energy that drives your rage into something productive.
>>
>>17785466
Sounds eerily familiar to my relationship with my Dad at that age. Realize that you are still in that rebellious phase of our life, it is a natural tendency to question your parents, find their flaws and be ruthlessly bitter about them and what appears to you to be their hypocrisy. But people is people anon. All people are flawed. In my case, in my early 20s, I came to understand my father much better and our relationship got back on track.
Now I'm 37 and my Dad died 6 years ago. I wish that I had those late teen years back to spend not fighting with my pops. After he died, it became so clear that he held my family together, kept my Mom in check (I had thought he was just being an asshole, but now I see why he acted that way).

TLDR: Try to put yourself in his shoes and try to give him a break about his flaws. You may regret having fought with him one day.
>>
Idk bro I think you should try to make peace with him I used to fight with my dad all the time then one day we stabbed eachother thankfully we both lived but our relationship is completely destroyed
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.