[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Staying Friends

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1475478321047.jpg (61KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1475478321047.jpg
61KB, 900x900px
I developed feelings for a woman in my classes about a week after we met but wanted to be friends(this is a strong word for me) immediately after talking to her. Now, about 4-5 weeks later, I revealed that I liked her while she was asking if she was being too friendly and she let me down so much easier than I expected and I appreciated that. She told me that she was married and just didn't wear her ring today so I understood why she had to ask me if she was being too friendly.

I tried my hardest to get over it and the conversations we had after we managed to change topics were amazing, it was like a burden was lifted.

but it wasn't, I'm still infatuated, I still like her more than I've liked anyone and it still hurts. I genuinely want to stay friends though, is this possible? How can I replace the romantic thoughts with platonic ones?
>>
>>17785190
Why would you do this to me, man
>>
By having a gf that is somebody else. There you can keep being friends while not worrying about relationships.
>>
>>17785237
This makes sense but right now I don't think that's going to happen any time soon.

Is it the only way?
>>
>>17785259
Or you can distance yourself from her for few days. It's hard to falling out of love with someone if you interact with them everyday (in a happy way).
>>
>>17785274
I agreed to meet with her to study tomorrow but from Wednesday to Sunday I won't see her due to Thanksgiving break and may not see her even later since our class is on Fridays.

Maybe the time away will do me some good and help me recover a bit.
>>
It can be done man.

I met a girl on vacation last year. Had a great time with her. After my vacation I went home and kept in contact with her. She liked me A LOT, and I really really liked her. We talked literally everyday all day. we really became close, and she changed my life for the positive. Because of her I changed my hair and how I dressed, became more confident and began pursing my dream job. we had agreed to meet again so we could be with each other. I booked airlines tickets a few months out. We were both so excited. Then 3 months before my flight, I could tell things between us has shifted. came to find out, she met a local guy. And said to me she couldn't do the long distance thing anymore, but still wanted to be my friend. That shit hit me like a fucking truck. and was a really difficult few months. I still went on my trip. and I still met with her. We had a pleasant 2 days together, but it was so hard internally. I so badly wanted to hold her hand and kiss her. But I knew I couldn't. So I respected her and we had a good time as friends. I cried like a baby that night when I got to my hotel. Full blown cry. But it was good for me. Helped me get it all out. That was months ago. I still keep in contact with her. But I've accepted we will only be friends now.

So, it can be done. You just have to convince yourself it won't happen
>>
>>17785316
Letting out my emotions like that sounds healthy, in a way. I've been keeping it in since we departed, aside from this thread, but when I found out that I would never be able to be with her today I nearly broke down. My voice started fading and my throat ached, I was completely hurt. but since then I've been trying to restrain my feelings so I don't open any wounds but maybe that's exactly what I need in order to recover.

Thanks for the post, anon, I hope you find another.
>>
>>17785174
Try to talk to her as if she's a guy friend for now on.
>>
How the hell did you even develop feelings if you havent been friends before? After a week no less. Get a grip.
>>
>>17786276
I should had explained a bit more. We spent a lot of time talking in those first weeks and the feelings really came pouring in about the 3rd week when we spent about a legit day and a half just studying and talking to each other almost non-stop. She showed a lot about the way she thinks and I fell in love with that.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.