[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

USPS Bullshit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: usps.jpg (198KB, 625x352px) Image search: [Google]
usps.jpg
198KB, 625x352px
So I shipped out 3 packages today at USPS. (From Florida)
The first two are looking weird on my receipt, and I need your opinion/advice on what to do about it.

The first was one DS game shipped to Texas.
My receipt says the weight was .6 oz and the shipping price was $2.62
It also says "First-class, parcel service", and I got a tracking number for this one.

The second was two DS games shipped to Washington state.
Receipt says weight was .7 oz and the shipping price was $0.94. (wtf)
It says "First-class, mail, large envelope", and I did not get a tracking number for this one.

The guy at the USPS store was sort of confused about weighing/calculating the shipping, and he said "It's fine, it's fine".
So I didn't see this until now, over 3 hours later, that the second seems all fucked up.
For one, it's TWO GAMES and only .1 oz more than the other with just one?
And the shipping is only 94 cents when it's shipping from Florida to Washington?

My main issue is...I didn't get a tracking number. I'm sort of freaking out about that last part because my buyer probably thinks I'm fucking them over without the tracking number.
First-class means it should come with a tracking number, right?

So wtf happened and what am I supposed to do? Can I contact USPS with my bill number to get a tracking number or is it too late?
>>
>>17785098
Also, tracking numbers for first and third packages say they've already been shipped.
>>
>>17785098
Go in tomorrow and try to get this all sorted out. Everytime I have sent packages, I received the tracking number from my email, didn't even fuck with the print out. It's kinda scary because the customer already payed for the items but it's not a huge deal
>>
>>17785111
How'd you get it through your email?

And how could I get it sorted out when it's probably already shipped? Do you think there's a tracking # assigned that just didn't get on the receipt?
>>
>>17785124
When I sent the packages they asked if I want paperless billing and within that my tracking info was sent to me as soon as I left the counter.

A piece of mail will have a tracking number so they can scan it and check it in at the nearest post office. Now go in, or even call in. Explain the situation.

If suggest sending the buyer a note from whatever platform you sold the items from. Don't have to go into such detail, just let them know they fucked up at the post office. Now do that tomorrow of the situation is not fixed by the time you leave the post office tomorrow. Try to avoid the dumbass who helped you before.
>>
>>17785139
>Now go in, or even call in. Explain the situation.
It's closed right now, and the customer service hotline is also closed. Do all pieces of mail have tracking info?

I already explained to the buyer what happened.
>>
The difference in weight is probably because they're so light the scale really can't tell the difference.

The difference in price looks like it's because one has been sent as a parcel, and the other as regular mail. That's probably why you got a tracking number for the first one but not the second one too.
>>
>>17785148
Only packages that are weighted and have the tracking info sticker on them will have a tracking number, not letters or documents. If you already explained the situation to a clerk there then this is beyond my knowledge now. Just hang in there
>>
>>17785156
Ok, but the more expensive one was lighter. And what's the difference between mail and parcel?

>>17785160
I haven't explained the situation to the clerk because it's been closed for 4 hours.
I got the smallest padded manilla envelope, which should already come with tracking info.
>>
>>17785172
>Ok, but the more expensive one was lighter.
The point I made about the weight is that it's probably irrelevant. The price difference is because the more expensive one is being sent as a parcel and has a tracking number. The lighter one is cheaper because it's sent in an envelope and you don't have a tracking number for it. Tracking numbers can get expensive because they're labour intensive

>And what's the difference between mail and parcel?
Mail is regular shit: bills, letters etc. Typically sent in an envelope, which is apparently what you did. Parcels are sent in other packaging: boxes, protective sleeves etc. They also have the option of things like tracking numbers unlike regular mail, and because they're generally heavier and/or bulkier, cost more to send.
>>
>>17785192
>sent in an envelope
They both were sent in the same thing!
Like I said, a small, manila, bubble wrap-padded envelope.
See pic related.
Why would one be parcel and one be mail then?
>>
>>17785209
Sorry, it wasn't manila, it was brown. Cardboard?
Anyway, they were sent out in the exact same type of packaging.
>>
File: Jiffy-Bags-Gold-JL000.jpg (29KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Jiffy-Bags-Gold-JL000.jpg
29KB, 225x225px
>>17785214
Pic related
>>
>>17785209
I don't fucking know, you didn't mention that in your OP and I'm not a mindreader. The price difference is probably because one has a tracking number and the other doesn't, mail doesn't normally get a tracking number whereas parcels have the option.
>>
>>17785217
Alright. So the guy fucked up because he put it down as mail instead of a parcel like the other one, so it didn't get tracking.
You think there's nothing I can do?
>>
>>17785235
Now that it's sent, probably not. If you charged the seller for shipping, you should probably refund them.
>>
>>17785241
Good idea. Ok, I will.
>>
>>17785252
And explain the situation, obviously.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.