[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did I do wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: loveyou.webm (574KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
loveyou.webm
574KB, 854x480px
/fit/ here

>was at the gym
>it's kind of a yuppie gym, lots of cardio bunnies and stuff
>there was this girl that I see a lot there
>she's very cute, 9/10, sometimes we make eye contact and I've been trying to work up the courage to ask her on a date
>she is doing a REAL routine, with compound lifts, I always see her squatting
>so I assume she wants to gain muscles or why isn't she sitting on the couch eating cheetos or doing some bullshit routine ?

Fast forward to last week:

>she asks me for a 'spot' on squats
>I don't understand, she is using the safety pins? but whatever.
>so I get behind her like we used to in HS football
>she does her set (15 reps, hypertrophy training I guess)

then she says

> I see you here a lot! wow you're really muscular! no wonder! and touches my forearm

So I tell her 'You too!'. Not in an ironic meme way, I thought you know, I was really happy that she told me that I was muscular, my work is paying off, she should be happy too right?

>she looks at me like I'm retarded
>she purses her lips and looks pissed
>never talk to me again
>no more flirty eye contact

I don't get what I did wrong why do women get mad at you for compliments
>>
>>17785023

"You too" isn't a complement, it's a polite, impersonal and automatic response. Should have thanked her and offered a proper complement. She probably figured you weren't interested, just being polite to a stranger out of necessity.
>>
Shoulda told her she had a nice ass, that's why she doin the squats
>>
>>17785033
Not him. What would've been a proper compliment that would've not caused a bitchy response? Give me examples.

Nice ass is not an option.
>>
>>17785033
>>17785051

Yeah OP here wondering too

What would YOU have said?
>>
>>17785051
>>17785063

>"Thansk, I've seen you around too. Seems to be paying off for you too."
Deliver with a non-leery once over.
Or simply just,
>"Yeah, I've definitely seen you around too"
with a non-leery smile
>>
>>17785071
That's literally what OP said. Fucking women/people, seriously.
>>
Bitches be cray.

I don't think that's the case here, but women react more to the way you're saying something, they perceive social cues much easier than us, so if you were somehow awkward that might've been the problem.

Anyways, I can't tell for sure from that, but my best guess is that it's because you indirectly called her muscular. Well that's not a very girly attribute. And she was flirting with you, so that was not exactly the reply she was looking for. Also she gave you a pretty strong and direct compliment and she was expecting something like that in return. She was looking for validation and you didn't really give it to her. "You too" sounds like you want to end the conversation as soon as possible and get out of there. She was expecting you to appear happy at the compliment and show your interest in her.

But in my opinion you didn't do anything wrong, she was just a self-centered shallow cunt. Don't sweat over "what should I have said?". Say whatever you want and give the middle finger to people who get offended by things like that for no real reason. It's better that you said "the wrong thing" and got rejected there, going out with that kind of girl would require you to constantly jump through hoops.
>>
>>17785083

"Y-you too" is what you say when cashiers wish you good day. It's not what you say to a girl you might be interested in, you actually have to form words and speak with her. That's just how it is, welcome to social competence.
>>
>>17785023
Femanon here.

I personally wouldn't have taken offense to "You too!" BUT...
She probably assumed you meant it in a insincere way
Like, "Oh yeah, heh, you too, buddy".
Clearly she was flirting with you, and "You too!" isn't a flirty response back.
It seems more like a flat, uninterested response.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.