[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transitioning from bestfriends to couple

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: worst5.jpg (108KB, 620x420px) Image search: [Google]
worst5.jpg
108KB, 620x420px
Me and my bestfriend have admitted to each other that we have feelings for each other. We slept together some 2 months ago, and since then we´ve been physically together two other times. We´ve talked about the direction we should follow, and I think both of us are a bit scared of the more formal aspect of it all, like start thinking about each other as "boyfriend" or "girlfriend", or telling other people (we kept this a secret from everyone).

I know I´m being a bit vague, but I am a bit confused right now. I too think it´s weird to see her as my girlfriend and not as my bestfriend (we´ve been really close for 10 years), but I think she panics more with it then I do; and she said that if we´re going to be together as a couple she doesn´t want it to be a secret.

Has anyone here ever dated their best friend? How did it happen? And how did it work out?

I can give more details if you want. And please feel comfortable to share your stories with me
>>
File: Trump says.png (243KB, 462x309px) Image search: [Google]
Trump says.png
243KB, 462x309px
Bumping with one my favorite songs this year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd1Xc6-6VVg
>>
So no one has a bit of advice for me?
>>
>>17783800
>So no one has a bit of advice for me?
i dont see why you are afraid. i was together with my former best friend for 4 1/2 years. just started when we did holidays together and just clicked. in my opinion it is nice as you already know who you are dating^^ some think it lacks the "interesting" getting to know each other part but that sucks anyway. so id say you are cool!
>>
>>17783751
What will change, other than the label you give each other?
>>
>>17783751
It shouldn't matter this much what the public thinks but you can bet both your families and some of the public already see you as a couple. Be happy you found someone you are compatible with and loves you for you not a fleeting crush and a month of frantic fucking that burns out.
>>
As someone who dated and then married their best friend, it's shouldn't be difficult. It should happen naturally.

I did have a few problems when my friend and I moved to the relationship stage. I was very weird about trust and physical contact and it took a lot of work to get through that, but even though it was scary, it was fun, because it was with my best friend. There was nobody iI trusted more.

You need to talk to her. Why is she so nervous? You guys need to relax, let it happen, and have fun. Don't overthink it. And if there's a problem, that problem needs to be addressed.

So, go talk to her. Think of it as practice, you'll need to be able to communicate with each other to make this work. You're already friends, so you're halfway there. Now you just need to bring that communication to the romantic and intimate part.
>>
>>17783751
I'm dating my bestfriend and it's worked out great so far. I can definitely relate to it being a tad bit strange in the beginning with the whole labeling thing. We started of not calling it anything, and we also didn't tell anyone. Eventually people just figured out that something was going on, and when they asked if we were a couple we just said "yeah, i guess you could say that". We haven't had a conversation about being "boyfriend and girlfriend", because it seems a bit silly, I don't find it necessary either since we both know where we stand with eachother
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.