[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, Ive been working a part time at this place..Today a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1479163683064.jpg (2MB, 2048x1362px) Image search: [Google]
1479163683064.jpg
2MB, 2048x1362px
Hey guys, Ive been working a part time at this place..Today a guy that works there who is 79 years old said hes finally quitting work in his life for good by christmas..
This made me think alot..how must it feel for someone to finally reach a point where you will no longer work the rest of your life?
How does someone feel reaching the age of 80?
I felt kinda sad by all this.
>>
>>17783284
70-ish guy here (Yes, there are some of us on 4chan).

How does it feel to be old? You notice that you can't do some things - mostly physical, like running up stairs - you used to. But then you don't particularly want to run up stairs much, so it's no loss.

How does it feel to stop work? You wonder why you waited so long. But it is absolutely necessary to have something to retire TO, not just From. Those who don't plan for the new no-work life can be lost, and age rapidly. Those who have a new life (of hobbies, avocation, travel, grandkids, whatever) flourish.
>>
>>17783545
>A 70 year old on 4chan

I don't doubt it's possible, but hot damn. Also never saw it from the perspective that you can't do things, but you don't really feel the need to do them anyways.
>>
My grandfather retired at 62 and died at 84. His health only started failing him (as a result of his work) the last 3 years or so. He and my grandmother spent 22 years together all day every day, traveling and reading and playing games and watching their grandchildren grow up.

He was a happy man and it showed.
>>
>>17783545
I've always wanted to die at 50 but you give me hope
>>
>>17783588
Tell that to the people thinking they live life as intended by refusing to have kids and a family, and "fucking bitches" with freedom is much better.
Turns out life is longer than expected, and as a father, I feel much more rewarded than by the act of fucking.
I wish I could meet 50 years old PUA to find out by myself if they're miserable or not.
>>
>>17783622
What do you think a good age range to start having kids is (for male)
>>
>>17783622
30 seems ideal. You've the time to enjoy life, find your way (harder said than done) and create a good career before settling down. Your kids will grow at the side of a healthy father able to play sports or travel regularly with them. You also have the time to see your grand kids grow by the time you hit 60.

Too young and you're not mature enough or financially independent to be truly supportive. Too old and neither the kid nor the father will be healthy.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.