[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Inflated Ego

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1477214727789.jpg (17KB, 480x473px) Image search: [Google]
1477214727789.jpg
17KB, 480x473px
>High-school
>Was in Chess club
>Got humiliated by people that were smarter than me
>Could never beat them
>Test 132 on professional IQ test
>Smarter than average person so ego is getting fed daily
>Starting to get arrogant like my father
>He repeatedly calls himself a genius despite the fact it's not true

I need the feeling of defeat to keep my head grounded in reality, but I can't help but call myself a genius. It just feels so good. I win at every argument I get into on the internet, and I can't help but feel like Albert Einstein even though I know I'm not. People won't debate me when they see the shit that I write because they're intimidated by my intelligence. I can't help but feel that I'm the smartest man on /pol/

Does anyone else have this problem?
>>
130 isn't that high and iq isn't really important

That being said

You mostly have this complex only because you're father does shit like that too so you essentially just copy him
If you had be born to someone with low iq that said how dumb he was all the time you'd think you were dumb to
Being a genius is something that happens by chance
It's like being proud that you have blonde hair and not brown

I have same ego issues tho so it's kinda difficult to believe people. I seriously believe that I am capable of acquiring anything I desire and when I tell people that they get offended so I just keep it to myself and act humble
>>
Nice b8
>>
>>17782300
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0frAJvjdFk6
>>
>>17782300
>I win at every argument I get into on the internet
Oh boy, you mean just like everyone else?
>>
>>17782300

I used to.

But then I realized that there was a difference between intelligence and the practical application of intelligence toward bettering yourself.

Just look up William James Sidis.

You could be naturally 'strong', or naturally 'gifted', but if you never fucking use it then whats the point.

Sure, you father could be smart. Hell, he could be smarter than me or you by a long fucking shot. But if he spends his entire life fucking working as a mechanic or a farm laborer than his intelligence is pretty useless to him.

As for you, what the fuck are you doing with it? Are you trying to secure a future for yourself by getting large cash reserves? Using your intelligence to train yourself to be a better fighter, because your intelligence isn't going to be useful in a street fight? Do you feel awesome cause you can recite Shakespearean sonnets to a girl you fancy while she gets railed by the football team?

Real intelligence is knowing that your intelligence is a tool, with certain limited uses. You have a great tool, but it's one tool and you need others.

And worse yet, you are letting your victory defeat you. You are blinding yourself with your hubris to actual problems you can solve. You may be smart, but you are not perfect and the things you remain ignorant of will fuck you up for life.

Ignorance, Incompetence, and Malice all produce the same results when left to their own devices.
>>
>>17782415
exactly what i was thinking
>>
>>17782417
yes, as this anon is saying

No point in polishing a tool you don't really use
>>
>>17782300
Put on your cap n gown and take stiff nigger cocks up your ass
>>
>>17782417
Well put anon; not a shit post/ 10.
>>
>>17782417
I already know all this, but I don't care, and I can't help but suck myself off.
>>
>>17782542

Get your ass kicked. I am the above poster.

Nothing puts your life in perspective and checks your ego then getting so thoroughly destroyed and shamed.
>>
>High-school
>Smarter than average person
>I win at every argument I get into on the internet

>smugloli.jpg
>>
>>17782300
>I can't help but feel that I'm the smartest man on /pol/

Honestly not that much of an achievement. It's been nu-/b/ for a while now.

I would find a new hobby, something you are beyond retarded in. If you play video games, you can play something mp and make it a goal to get to some rank or something. Starcraft and aoe2 come to mind. Or you could play something vaguely political and watch as people backstab you or otherwise take control out of your hands.
>>
>>17782404
amazing
>>
>>17782404
OP here.
I'm pretty sure you've ripped into me before on /a/ with that cheesy voice.

Something about greasy 5$ shirts and anime club.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.