[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help with a guitar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (8KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 276x183px
Just got out of a 3 year relationship. and I feel so used. she was all I ever loved. I learnt that love is not for me.

for the longest time I wanted to buy a guitar. Now more than ever.

just a nice acoustic one for starters. but I know next to nothing about guitars other than they sound great so I dont want to buy the wrong one

any good models out there?
>>
Buy a Yamaha new or something. They're good starters. Or check craigslist for a used professional model you like. Don't spend $1500 on your first guitar, you don't know how much you'll use it. Otherwise, learn tabs of songs you wanna learn, use the free resources online to learn what you wanna learn. Then, after a year or so if you're dedicated, you've played enough to feel comfortable jamming/generally fucking around. Have fun. Don't spend more than $200 or $300 on your first guitar.
>>
And if you're wanting to learn so you can play out your emotions and let off steam, or whatever, you might get past not wanting love from anyone else. To be fair, I still play and write for the love of my life, even though she doesn't care. But being depressed and schizophrenic with a slew of other mental health problems feeding off of each other, jamming really does take some weight off of my chest. Maybe it'll help you too.
>>
>>17781412
Hey, I have a Fender electro-acoustic (http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Fender-CD-60CE-All-Mahogany-Dreadnought-Electro-Acoustic-Guitar/QMA), it sounds really really good playing it acoustically or through an amp. This is the a simple acoustic (https://www.andertons.co.uk/p/0961596021/steel-string-acoustic-guitars/fender-cd-60-mahogany-acoustic-guitar) if this is more in your price range.

When buying a guitar, don't go cheap early and think you'll move to a better one later on. It's much harder to learn on a cheap guitar (as you can imagine), and once you start getting better you will appreciate the sound a more expensive one makes.

Ask any questions if you have them.
>>
>>17781468
thank man, I hope I can get to such a stage in my life. I wish all the best for you man, it is not easy being there.

>>17781495
I found this on amazon, its the same model right? i like this color better. I wouldn't mind going for this too. its just within my price range too

I hope it is. cant afford to spend more at the moment
>>
>>17781540
Were you meant to link something there? Can't see it if you did.

Basically, a £150 guitar will be good, a £200+ will be very good and then above that is crazy. £150 is perfectly reasonable for a first time guitar.

Also, for learning, it will take a pretty long to learn open chords, and even longer to learn barre chords. Just stick with it and you will get it.
>>
I bought a fender cp-100 a few months ago and I love it. Only costs $200 and sounds better than most $600 guitars I've tried.

https://www.amazon.com/Fender-CP-100-Parlor-Small-Body-Acoustic/dp/B007RUNYOU/ref=sr_1_1?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1479672378&sr=1-1&keywords=fender+cp-100+parlor+acoustic+guitar
>>
>>17781551
>fender-cd-60
Aaah sorry

here
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fender-0961545021-CD-60-Electric-Guitar/dp/B008HMJNRO/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1479672828&sr=8-4&keywords=fender-cd-60
>>
>>17781585
Any Fender will do you nicely, the more you spend the better it will sound of course, but with Fender you will always get a good guitar.

That seems like a good one to pick up and start playing with. Good luck:)
>>
>>17781412
Im assuming your price range is under 300$. You arent going to.get a good new guitar for that price so i highly suggest buying a used guitar from somebody off of craigslist.

Id go with a Takamine, Yamaha, or Epiphone in that order.

Gig bag and strap is not important. Just make sure you buy a hardshell case or a stand for at home. Its inportant that the guitar rests in a position that doesn't put any unnecessary stress or weight on a joint that can warp or put the neck out of wack.

Cheers.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.