[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i make $12/hour USD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: girlpowerfuckyouasshole.png (47KB, 329x440px) Image search: [Google]
girlpowerfuckyouasshole.png
47KB, 329x440px
is this enough to live on my own. how do i make it happen. apartments seem to be like $900/month for rent alone.

how do i make this happen
>>
get a roommate. I make $12/hr in Canada and I can't afford shit.
>>
>>17781279
That is enough in most American cities (save for perhaps LA or NY, you would really be living paycheck to paycheck) if you have a roommate, or 2. Try getting a job in the service industry at a bar or a restaurant downtown.

I make $12/hr and work about 40 hours a week, but I also get tips so I end up making something like $25k/yr, which is plenty to afford my place with my roommate just outside of downtown.
>>
it'd go further if you didn't live in the city, assuming you are trying to given the price
>>
i can't do roommates, need to be alone.
>>
>>17781325
you "can't do roommates"? Have you tried before?

Basically, unless you want to work multiple jobs in order to support yourself, you kind of need to get over this.

Think about it realistically, if you live alone, you'll basically be paying double rent.
>>
>>17781279

it depends where you live and waht kind of comfort you insist on living on.

you ever wonder how mexicans support entire families with less than minimum wage?

its because they pack like thirty people into a single apartment. to save money i used to rent out my own bedroom so that we were sharing it. its not comfy. its annoying af. but it saves you half your rent.

i live in hollywood, i make 1500 dollars a month and my expenses are as follows.
>400 for rent
>300 for food (this includes regular purchases like supplies, hairgel, soap, etc)
>300 for fun (this includes eating out for anything costing more than 4 bucks)
>100 for bills
>100 for bus pass
>300 for savings

i used to have to spend 700 on rent, but the prices in my neighborhood went up so high that I could sublet my second bedroom for 1100 dollars.

so now i get a private room, and only pay 400 a month.
>>
>>17781325
>>17781328

this anon is right. its liek i said here:
>>17781387

you can't be 'too good' for roommates if you dont make the money. you live with mommy and daddy, you aren't shit.

if you want to live on your own you have to make a sacrifice.
>>
>>17781279

$12 * 35 hours/week * 4 weeks a month = $1680

- 15% tax is $1428 - $150 (I'd assume) for health care = $1278 - $200 for food -($100 for bus ticket OR $250 for car insurance/fuel) = $828

Apartment is $900, so you've in debt even at full time work, with no money spent on any candies/luxuries/phone/internet/utilities/etc.

>>17781325
Look into vandwelling.
>>
Try looking for housing further away from where you live now. You might find a little town where rent is almost half what it is in your city and only adds an extra half an hour of driving to your commute.
>>
>>17781279
I've lived on that in the past. It's difficult, but not impossible. Prepared to live on a strict budget, never eat out and, most likely, live with roommates. SRO's are the best option if living with other people is untenable.
>>
I did it for a year making $10.80, paying $825 rent.

You can only pay your bills, and have no disposable income. No TV, no internet, no new car payments, get a very cheap phone. Get only basic insurance on your POS car, etc.

Good rule of thumb for groceries is don't buy anything liquid, it's just a waste of money since you're already paying for water.

Eggs and rice are easy, cheap and will go a long way. Don't fill in the blanks with too much else.

Have a credit card for unexpected expenses, because they most definitely will arise and you'll be unable to deal with them with your regular money.

Good luck, you'll learn to appreciate what you have when you finally can afford netflix.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.