[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Improving body language

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1414873121397.jpg (72KB, 1100x618px) Image search: [Google]
1414873121397.jpg
72KB, 1100x618px
I'm a 22 year old beta male (kisless virgin) and of course it gives away in my body-language (avoid eye-contact, take as little space as possible, "hide" and so on).

I recently read: "body language matters for male sexiness" and I remember watching a TED talk about how "fake it till you make it" actually works in body language.

Therefore, I though that improving my own body language even without touching the underlying issues might improve my social standings, my interactions and as a result improve my confidence and help me overcome my social anxiety problems.

Does anyone have experience with that? Are my assumptions true? Is it worth to work on my body language?

If yes, what is the best way to do it? I gues that learning the theory and then practicing over and over again (observing yourself and correcting) until it becomes a habit is the way, but to begin with should I start with some youtube guides, a book, self-help blogs, others? All recommendations appreciated.
>>
It's definitely worth it to work on body language. As for how to learn it, I personally like videos. That'll depend on how you like to learn though. I learned a lot about body language in a public speaking class, so if you have that opportunity I'd take it.
>>
>>17780639
Superflirt by Tracey Cox
>>
>>17780723

Thanks. Will look for that options

>>17780761

From the description on Amazon the book looks definitly like what I look for. I will read it. Thanks
>>
>>17780723
>I personally like videos

So do I for any subject that involves something as visual as body language. I've heard about Superflirt a bit, but I'm afraid a book won't do it for me. At least not a book alone.

Any videos or youtube channels you have watched that are good?
>>
>>17780639
You're reading books about it, which is a step in the right direction.

I recommend the defninitve book of body language by Alan and Barbera Pease: http://bookzz.org/book/676757/3751ac

However body language isn't something you consciously control, it is a telegraph for your internal emotional state. If you try to consciously control it, you will come across as weird, because people will be able to detect subtle incogruencies in your behaviour. Besides, acting takes a lot of energy, you don't want to pretend to be something you're not. It turns out that when normies say "just be yourself" its about learning how to be a genuine person, learning how to accept yourself and not be afraid. But its useless advice for anyone who doesn't know that.

So ultimately the way to fix your body language is to resolve your emotional issues. Maybe this will help give you some insight: http://bookzz.org/book/1014798/b148b3
Therapy might also be a good idea.

Best of luck. And keep trying, it is possible. I started at 25, consciously made the effort to learn and practice social skills, and develop self esteem, lost my virginity by 26.
>>
>>17781841

That sounds right. I think that body language can help me read people better and be more aware of my own reactions, but "acting" and "faking" won't do much.

I have been doing therapy for 6 months now - it does helps a lot, but it is a long process, so I was looking for additional help.

I will definitivly read the books you recommended. Thank you.

Could you elaborate on how did you approache your "concious effort" - like where did you start and what did you do? I would appreciate any tips.
>>
>>17780639
Whatever u do don't be that faggot who takes up space in an already cramped environment just to prove to his fragile ego how confident he is- girls can smell that from miles away and you look like a huge faggot to perceptive guys
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.