[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What now?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: dogwithknife2.jpg (90KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
dogwithknife2.jpg
90KB, 720x960px
Probably like many of you on this board, I don't know what the fuck to do with my life. I am 24, I have worked shitty jobs, went to college, got a degree, got a masters and did unpaid work for 'experience'.

I'm starting to realize that the field I was previously getting experience in (business/marketing), and hoping to eventually get a career in is not for me. I'm not interested in working a shitty office job and saving for a mortgage/car/family, or whatever.

I still live at home with my parents and I feel like a complete loser. I have a job, but it's just a shitty retail gig and I can't get hired for anything else. I'm in a long-term relationship, but my partner is older than me and keen on the two of us getting settled down as soon as possible.

I feel trapped, disillusioned and lost. I have been playing with the idea of moving abroad, but I don't know where I'd go or what I'd do. I feel like there is no freedom or excitement in my life, and now that I'm a year off turning 25, I'm starting to worry that I'll never do anything interesting with my life.

How do I find work that interests me and gives me the means to support myself? How can I find value in my life? At this point, I'm so close to throwing in the towel because I can't see myself doing anything worthwhile by 30.

TL;DR: I'm lost & disillusioned with life, i dunno wtf to do, can someone give me some advice on what to do next?

Also, make this a general advice thread for people going through similar shit.
>>
what country are you from anon? ever wanted to travel?
>>
>>17780511
>got a masters
how many masters did you serve?
>>
>>17780551
I'm in Ireland. Always wanted to travel but never really had the opportunity to do it before.
>>
>>17780561

From the second paragraph onwards sounds exactly like my life lol... It's a great gig eh? But add a gambling problem cause it's the only thing that makes me forget how shit my life is right now... Heh
>>
I wish I had advice, but I'm the same except turning 29 soon. When I was 24, I felt like I was way behind in life for my age, but now 24 seems so young with plenty of time. I'll probably feel the same about 29 when I get to 35 and still don't know what I'm doing. I don't know if someone else can give us the answers, but until then, I've just been continuing to actively try things until something sticks. I'm no expert, but I think you should at least talk to your partner about your worries if you haven't already.
>>
>>17780576
>>17781304
At least its not abnormal to feel this way.

>>17781304, what do you do now? I guess I'll keep trying stuff like you say. I suppose not everyone can find something that feels right. I will try to talk to my partner, thank you for that advice.
>>
>>17781321
Right now I'm making a video game by myself. Obviously that has a chance of bombing, but I was in a dead end. I quit a retail job to do this, because I tried doing both things at the same time and couldn't make progress. So yeah, living with my parents also. My thinking was that I can always go back to retail.

Like you, I did a lot of unpaid work for "experience". I've had around 7 internships and would not do anymore. They did not help me get a full time job. At least I know what I do and don't like for those specific types of work now. If I was still in retail, I'd either be trying to move up in retail, be looking for something else entry level, or be getting more practical education that's solely for getting a job (like certified in ___). That's what I'll do if I fail at what I'm trying now.

I moved 4 times looking for jobs, and moving didn't really solve my problem, but everyone's different, and it could work for you. If you try it and it doesn't work, at least you won't have regrets about not trying it. Good luck with your partner.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.