[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am nearly 19, alone and undeclared in college first year. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1470850079586.jpg (43KB, 450x337px) Image search: [Google]
1470850079586.jpg
43KB, 450x337px
I am nearly 19, alone and undeclared in college first year. I feel a massive tear between having a "complex" in which I am the main character of my life and have a future, and feeling as if I will never succeed and can't see myself in the shoes of people who "made it". My confidence took a nose dive since coming to university and I feel like my path is getting darker.
>>
>>17780124
I hear ya
>>
>>17780134
Haha, I like to stay hopeful and reassure myself that things will work out, but I'm not sure how much I need to be actively doing to reach my goal. Life seems like completely uncharted territory right now.
>>
Nobody knows exactly how to reach their goals because that's not a goal, that's a weekend project. Identify something, anything that will help you and reach out and take it. It's scary though, life really is uncharted territory, but you're the only one who can make the map.
>>
File: IMG_1057.jpg (9KB, 152x180px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1057.jpg
9KB, 152x180px
Hah, I have similar thoughts when I have huge changes occur in life. Only I perceive them as phases. You just entered college, so now is the time to ducking explore and make a plan. Once you have a plan, knowing the steps to achieve them will make it easier to "succeed". I never once thought I would make it once I graduated. Bachelors in my major doesn't really warrant good jobs. And I didn't make it for a while - about 2 years. But I worked my butt off, and kept applying to the good shit.

Any idea what you would like to do, career-wise? I did geology on a whim - hiking and beer-drinking is fun, but not a good representation of the job-scene.
>>
>>17780169
Hearing all these cliches as a kid was something I completely disregarded and thought my life would just play itself out. Now I truly understand how fucked I could be at any moment. Everyone wants a story book life, but thinking of all the people that don't get that really makes me upset.
>>
>>17780173
This is a very aggravating issue for me actually. I would ideally love to do something that utilizes creativity and social skills over logic. I have been frequently having visions of grandeur and believe that it's entirely possible that I could make something bug out of myself. I'm taking a theater class next semester and am trying to learn guitar. I love creating music and have been writing songs during the frequent time periods in which I'm feeling lonely or depressed. If I were to have a legitimate job, travel would also be a very interesting element. I realize I'm immature and will see wild alterations to my vision down the road though. I often feel that I am a much deeper thinker than those around me and carry potential, but at the same time I'm very self criticizing and have no ego whatsoever. I realize that being an actor or musician is everyone's pipe dream, but I don't see myself finding passion in anything else for now.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.